looking for ponies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayzak2

Reaction score
:aktion033: hello everyone..I'm new to these boards. Okay quick intro.... I'm 24...had horses almost all of my life... I'm currently working at a stable with 5 horses 1 pony and 2 awsome mini's.....

lol...gotta love it... i get PAID to hang out with them !

Well I don't have any at the moment ... but I'm thinking about getting into mini's. A friend of mine was recently talking about a new type of mini. ( I believe she called them pocket ponies?) I'm looking for some information on them so if anyone could help me out i'd really appreciate it.

thanks a bunch everyone! have a great day

uumm.. i dont think i made my question very clear.

lol... these new mini's are supposed to be extremely small ( and extremely expensive). I only found one website for "sight" horses and all of the other mini sights they seem too big.

I'm begining to think this friend of mine is imagining these tiny minis.

well i dont know about a new mini called a pocket pony?? around here they are all pocket ponies lol. Ill break it down

Miniature horses AMHA 34" or under

Miniature horses AMHR 38" or under

Shetland ponies 46" & under

Shetland pony/miniature crosses usually registered both amhr/aspc (shetland pony)

Lindsay,

Is it possible that you are confused with a term we use for very lovable and clingy minis? When they are very tame and follow you everywhere we some times say they are "in your pocket" or "pocket ponies". When you are looking to buy a mini that is how someone might describe a very friendly mini. Good luck on your search. If you are looking for a small mini, I am sure someone here can help you out!

there are some breeders taht call theirs "micro minis" just a fancy term for a very small miniature. There are reputable breeders that like to breed tiny ones like Charlotte and Tony from the forum. I suggest you check their sites if you are looking for one.

wow thanks for the replies everyone. I thought it sounded a little weird considering even I had never heard of them before. But anyway a lot has happened today...and i might just end up "saving" a yearling filly from a barn up the road from my house. This place is notorious for their emaciated horses and ponies... junk and trash in the fields.. no shelter.. no water...etc..etc... ( and mspca and aspca have been called numerous times but never follow through) I find that completely obsurd and makes me lose ALL faith in the animal advocates.

Well i was driving by today and saw their mini down in the field.. and hour later he was still down so i stopped and he was in horrible condition. THe owner said she didnt have "the heart" to put him down. I finally talked her into calling the vet so tomorrow I'm going back to make sure she followed through.

Anyway to my point... when i was there i saw a little filly ( she said she was a year old but she's pretty small) and this horse just looked at me and I offered her $600 cash on the spot. SHe said she'd have an answer for me tomorrow. I have a problem with impulse buying... but never like this..lol

The way i see it... this horse is going to die if she stays.

So anyway... thanks for everyones help on the mini thing..but i wont be buying one for a while if i get this poor little girl.

wish me luck on my rescue!

Latest posts

Back