Llama?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krickette

Reaction score
Anybody got a llama? I loooove them. Want one really bad. Mom and I were just talking about them, and she said that if I find out everything there is to know and then find one nearby for *cheap* then maybe we could get one. I'd love one, because the cayotes and bobcats are having a terretory battle right now, and they are pushing each other closer and closer to my horse pastures >.< But we have do have room for one. We have about 8 acres that I use for my 3 horses, and around 400 for the cows, so there's plenty of space...and if they're easy keepers then they wouldn't be a prob. But yeah, just wondering if anyone on here had one, or even knew someone that did...

I'd loooove a mini llama, too, they're adorable!

I have a friend who has a Llama. He's been really great. Used to protect the goats and now he protects the mini horses. Has had to chase out a few wild dogs. Even killed one and wounded another pretty badly. Once I get a larger farm, I think I'd make the investment in a couple for my horses.

I have two alpacas! Part of the camelid family, just smaller.

Great herd protectors and very low maintenance.

F1010024.jpg

Alpacas4.jpg

We have one we got from MiniV and we adore her. She is our first and we got her to protect our horses from the cougars and coyotes. She is quite inquisitive and alert and likes to be right in your face. I haven't told her yet but she has terrible goat cheese breath.
default_wink.png
: I think most people shear them in the summertime due to the heat so that is something to think about. They seem to be easy keepers and they seem to like to poop in one specific area which is nice. I have heard that is common. Our vet said to give them a tetnus shot annually and they have their hooves trimmed annually as well or as needed, but less often than the horses. So far we have really enjoyed ours and think she is doing her job well.
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back