L'il Beginnings Hall of Fame

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread! Reading and remembering all these horses and the emotions they stirred with their stories! I agree with so many already nominated.....Marty's Holly(my first few times on the forum where when she was pregnant with Timmy! So funny reading about Marty's vigil....I'll never forget it! Of course watching Timmy grow up was also cool. Nootka's Mouse, whom I finally got to meet in person....what a character. All the horses that gave us their stories as they fought for survival and either won or tragically lost.....they were all emotional and educational at the same time.

The only addition I would make is Lotto.......I enjoyed his trips around the world!

Sadie.........she touched so many and helped open the door to discussing dwarfism outside the closet
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Gabriel.........His story still amazes me
default_wub.png

Two wee horses with the hearts of lions
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

What a great trip down memory lane this is.

I remember Mundy like it was yesterday, and how we all seemed to learn right along with Nancy, and then when she had her foal despite all the odds against it, and finally the loss to the bear...real life has a way of being so much more harsh than what we wish our fairytales to be. It was like we all lost a hero that night.

I can't really add any to the lists, nor can I really discriminate and add just one more, though I also have to say that Chance truly illustrated something very important about all of us, even the ones that came after him. People continue to give to the rescue named for him, and he is also truly a hero for his brief life and much-too long, suffering.

Thank you for those that included my horses, they are very special to me, indeed. Gramma Pony especially since she has never been shown that I know of, and I found out who she is because of this board (thank you Stacy Score). She was heavy in foal with her last foal (and only one for us) in 1997 when I found this board, and Cherry Bomb was among the first crop of LB foals. The fact that a couple of her sons are remembered this way and figure so prominently here is quite an honor to both her and their grandmother!

Her "twin" (in a spiritual way) Misty belonging to Liz R. left us much too soon, but she was right there in the beginning as well, as were Misty's children. I can't forget her starry-dappled coat and her great spirit as well as the love that Liz showered on her. Had to add her because I hadn't yet seen her name here, and I know she went through so much with her health, too. I was sure she and Gramma Pony would race it out much longer for oldest Forum mini.

Liz M.

I just thought of one that absolutely has to be mentioned: Teacup! The mini that saved a foal that wasn't even hers from a dog attack and became everyone's hero. I cried when I read that story.
default_wub.png
I still think she really needs to be featured in a children's book somewhere. Didn't she do something else heroic too? I could have sworn that memorable mare was posted twice.

Leia

Okay, found the post: http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.ph...c=42473&hl=

Last edited by a moderator:
Susanne and Liz - thank you - you both are too sweet... Misty was an awsome horse (Just bloodlines) and it was an honor to have had her in my life as long as I did. I will never, ever forget her...

January 26 will be the one year anniversary that I lost my dear Cody (Misty's son) and I am still raw inside. I am trying to work on a memorial for him and can barely get through it.

I love all of my horses and love the babies they give me. But none have touched me the way Cody touched me. He was my shining star, my own Hall of Famer..here is the memorial I am working on, with the words from The Dance imprinted on it. This photo is of Cody and his sister Gracie (Misty's daughter) who I still have.

duocopy.jpg

I would nominate Gramma Pony, Mingus, Susan O.'s Hal, and Helen...another horse who's story truly touched my heart and is blessed to have such a loving caretaker. Khaki is another awesome horse who touched us all with her sheer will to survive (and a LOT of love from Jill).

Liz R.

I remember your handsome little fella very well, Mary Lou!
default_wub.png
It was actually a couple years of being a regular member on the forum before I discovered YOUR name wasn't Mickey. :DOH!

Liz,

Thank you for remembering Khaki! Back when she had her colic surgeries, I was a mess! I remember at the time, it honestly felt like the worst thing that ever happened to "me" (Khaki says it ranked right up there for "her", too.) It was at least 18 months after the surgery before I honestly thought she might really be around long term, and longer than that before I started to think of her again as "a regular horse". She's a regular horse these days! She is now more than 4 years out from surgery and, I think, pregnant with her first foal
default_wub.png

Jill

[SIZE=12pt]Triple H Buckin Khaki[/SIZE]

2002 32” AMHA/AMHR buckskin brood mare – halter grand champion – Taylors and Dell Tera lines

Had Back to Back Colic Surgeries at 11mos old -- NOW She's Fat, Sassy and Hopefully in foal for 2008 to “DunIT”

First Day Home from Hospital:

Khaki-08012003-6.jpg

Now:

KHAKI--07312006--%20BRUSHED%20027--her%20page.jpg

Well I gotto..said Not your own..But I have to mention our trooper!!

trooperfixed.jpg

trooper07a.jpg

too many nice ones to pick only two..but here are mine..

1) Devon's Zorro-I drool over him!
default_wub.png

2) My own baby, Sable

Sable, because she has taught me so much. As a wormy, over fed, scraggly mare with all sorts of dangerous issues, she is now like a lead line pony, she is so good. She is always willing to please and of the several minis I have had she is hands down my favorite. I know you said not your won, but how can I not nominate my girl when she tries so hard?
default_wub.png

For my third-not mine choice-would be Khaki

Awww
default_wub.png
Thank you, Jen. You know, if Khaki gets wind of this discussion, she's going to start demanding even more special treatment being as she's famous and all (quite the diva!).

too many nice ones to pick only two..but here are mine..

1) Devon's Zorro-I drool over him!
default_wub.png

2) My own baby, Sable

Sable, because she has taught me so much. As a wormy, over fed, scraggly mare with all sorts of dangerous issues, she is now like a lead line pony, she is so good. She is always willing to please and of the several minis I have had she is hands down my favorite. I know you said not your won, but how can I not nominate my girl when she tries so hard?
default_wub.png

For my third-not mine choice-would be Khaki
Aww Zorros quite full of himself since he caught wind of being "Drool Worthy"
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png

I would have to say my own Roy/One Ritz-C-Kid. I bought him as a very malnurished and scruffy 5yo who looked more like an old plow horse, and now this summer he took a Reserve Champion Gelding. He has a heart of gold and has gone to nursing homes and even entertained my moms special needs class for a day or two. He has certainly helped me through my bumpy years and steared me back to the better path, and is always there when you need a friend.

The Day I Brought Him Home (after brushing)

Picture.jpg

This summer after his show!!!

Picture323.jpg

Could we nominate one of our own? My boy Bodie who I bought last year as a two year old was scared of people and not trained. He has extremely cow hocked feet, has had the stifle surgery, been through allergies to flies, severe case of rain rot, has choked and had to be rushed to the vet and has just this year his first year to show, won two national top tens, won at the area national first in open hunter, second in youth jumper, and second in youth halter obstacle, at other shows won first in youth jumper, youth halter obstacle, youth hunter and has gained over 50 Hall of Fame Points for Hunter. He is just an average mini, no flashy bloodlines or anything. I am proud of my boy.
default_smile.png
ab.jpg

bodiejump.jpg

Molly's Triple, definatley!
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
He is a very handsome boy, not to mention a great performance horse!
default_wink.png
default_wub.png

Molly's Triple, definatley!
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
He is a very handsome boy, not to mention a great performance horse!
default_wink.png
default_wub.png
Aww! Thanks Becca!
default_smile.png
I'll have to go and tell the little guy. I nominate Kassie though! What a pretty girl, we've been watching her since you two met.

I'd also like to mention Kaykay's Flirt and her long awaited filly!
default_smile.png
They're both so beautiful. I know I was kicking myself when I missed watching the birth after all those weeks staring at the screen, lol.

China my girl, she is so special to me , she is sick right now, but getting better, she has lived thro so much, I love her with all my heart, more then anything else in this world, my buckskin mare, is the best thing that’s ever happened to me, before I met china I was depressed, mad at the world, then china changed the way I look at things, when ever I need a friend or a hug china is there, even when she is sick or im stressed china is there, I cant imagine my life with out her. when im sad I think of her and im not sad! I love her so much!!!

i would nominate monas young dwarf colt rocky and my minis Polly and Titan
default_wub.png

Wow! Goosebumps and tears from reading about these wonderful minis. Has anyone mentioned Dreamer? She's the reason our family connected with the L.B. forum ... Has it been 3 or 4 months since her surgery...?
default_aktion033.gif

There are some beautifully written nominations here. You should all be proud of yourselves. I don't remember some of these horses or their stories but as I was reading through these 6 pages I kept thinking of Dreamer. She pulled the forum family together for weeks as we all prayed for her and as we watched her display of courage, strength and love for her Mom and Dad.

Latest posts

Back