Learning so much...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebird

Reaction score
...and want to say thanks to all of you! In the past few weeks I have learned about " choke, frost on pastures, hoof abcess, vaccines (keep Epinephrin on hand), Sand Clear (or metamucil)to remove ingested sand (what!), types of feed (hay, cubes, pellets), slow feed hay nets, colic (papaya pills), whether to blanket or not, GastroGuard (for ulcers), teeth issues (floating), heated hoses and buckets and so much more!
default_new_shocked.gif
I have a notebook I am writing a lot down in but I can see I am going to need more notebooks! I have bought a few books as well and am ordering a few more to help with learning to drive and for $5 rented a video from 'ehorsevideo.com' for 30 days ...Hitching Single Horse to Cart. Now I have a visual, lol, how a harness goes on.
default_aktion033.gif

And so much more to learn!

Great to hear!

I plan on learning something new every day!

Never stop learning
default_smile.png

Well I'm an old lady and have had horses since 1977, but I learn something new almost everyday just by visiting this site. Problem is, my short term memory is failing, maybe you can help me out someday with some info since you are writing it all down for the future. so please keep on with your journals.
default_aktion033.gif

That's wonderfull...I envy you that! You must have a wealth of horsey information stored in your head!
default_biggrin.png

But yes, I would gladly share my trusty notebooks with you!

I am also of the baby boomer era and therefore I must write everything down. There is just so much information on here and it's great to see everyone sharing it.
default_thumbup.gif

Something else that I have learned is no Bute or quest for minis, just my opinion.

I also agree never to old to learn and for sure need to have an open mind to learn what others have to offer.

Good for you for keeping an journal great ideal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Debbie!

Isn't this site great? I've learned SO much. I read extensively about red bag deliveries on here. And sure enough, when I finally had one, I panicked for a split second and then I jumped into action. I KNOW the information I got on this site meant everything during that moment. If I hadn't read about it on here, and in so much detail, I'm not even sure I would have known what I was seeing. I may have just called the vet and done nothing myself (thinking that was what I should be doing) and then the foal would have died. But the foal and momma were just fine and it was easy to keep my cool because I knew what to do.
default_yes.gif

Good luck with your endeavors and hopefully you can visit sometime.
default_saludando.gif

Thank you Parmela! I would love to come and visit (maybe when spring is in the air
default_yes.gif
) and see your babies and your barn set up. That's another thing I'm researching...and fencing.
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back