*le sigh*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krickette

Reaction score
I was so excited when Splash found her new home all the way in AZ. It was an answer to my prayers, it was all I could have asked for and more. But...Now another horse is leaving. And I'm not quite as excited.

Jazz, my yearling, the first foal I ever had, is moving. She's just moving to Thibodeaux, LA. It's not nearly as far as AZ, and I have family in that city, or at least, in that parrish. But...It seems like an eternity. Mostly because I doubt I'll ever get to see pictures of her. The lady we were going to sell to was so sweet, wanted her for an eventer, was just as photo crazy as me, and I had a nice little online relationship built up with er over the course of her interest. But her mare relapsed a bit (She was a rescue, and is still in training), so she felt she couldn't handle another horse. Well, this new guy is really excited, too, but I've never talked to him. My mom has over the phone, but...I haven't. So I don't feel as comfortable asking for pictures and such. I'm going to email him I think, I just don't know the adress. But...I don't want my Jazzy to go. Splash was special, because she was the first horse I'd ever broken in, but Jazz is special too. I pulled Jazz out of her mom! I have such a special bond with her. I never thought it would be this hard....

Anyways, just a vent, really, I suppose. Cookies to anyone who actually read that.

Awww...it's hard to let them go, isn't it?

(I like chocolate chip oatmeal. ;)

We've all been there, and try to spend time with the ones that are still with you...do what you can to stay in touch with the new owners. IF they don't email, a call after a few days to see how she's settling in will be appreciated by the new owners, make sure they didn't have any questions, etc. I doubt it would be resented, you never know, they may just send pictures now and again! Or invite you over to visit.

((hugs))

Liz M.

Just wanted to let you know Splash is doing beautifully. I will get pictures of her and post later. Sheis such a doll!! Splash has gotten very used to sunning herself with everyone else for an hour or so every morning. they all lay out on the grass and just bask in the warmth. It is supposed to get to the 90's today so they I'm sure will all be stretched out sunning.

I feel very sorry that Jazz is going but sounds like she will have a wonderful life. I know you'll miss Jazz but at least you will get to see her when you visit your relatives.

Take care

Gini

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, y'all. I was talking to mom and she said "It'll be lonely, but once she's gone, you and I can just go off to the monkey farm and ride". She calls it the monkey farm, but it's really Chimp Haven (it was on the news a while back, because one of the females had a baby and all the males were supposed to be fixed). It has nice horse trails back there, and we used to go there all the time, but we couldn't when we got Jazz, because...well, we only have a 2 horse, and that'd require bringing 3 horses.

And Gini, thanks, I'd love to see some more pictures. If you ever get a chance to take a picture of her with other minis, then that'd be cool. I was trying to picture it, and I just can't see her with anyone but big horses, lol.

As a breeder of both arabians and miniatures I have sold many a horse. It is hard but for me I always phone or e-mail or write to see how the horse is doing. One mare I sold to Alabama I hadn't heard from her in a year, then got a e-mail from her showing me photos of the mare with her colt. Was such a nice gesture as I had given up any hope of getting any update on the mare. A lot of buyers loves to send photos of their horses. Even when they resell horse the new buyers sometimes write me or I just buy the horse back myself. I have done this with 2 arabians so far, one I bought back and sold her almost a year later to my cousin who loves her to death and other mare I just bought back on terms in January of this year. She is here to stay, hubby claimed her as his riding horse. His other riding horse, Kharouf, who just turned 3 in February is for sale as we decided only to keep 2 arabians. I chose Phancy and he chose Sameera. Kharouf has egyptian breeding and for her pedigree is cheap but a good home is more important to us. The money from her sale will go to pay off Sameera.
default_smile.png

Thanks. I have some pictures I just took today, since it's our last weekend together.

P10102521.jpg

P10102541.jpg

P10102551.jpg

P10102581.jpg

P10102591.jpg

(Chasing her mom)

P10102601.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

(With her best friend, my obese Arab)

Latest posts

Back