Just a little vent

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wantminimore

Reaction score
Yesterday at 7:30 am I noticed a truck up on our driveway just sitting there and a little bit later found out that they were cutting trees near the power lines, so they were hired by our power company. We needed to get out by them around 10 am so they had to move, when we came back a little after 1 pm they were still here but blocking our turn to come to the house so after flashing the lights and honking the horn my boyfriend got out and went to the truck door and had to knock on it, both guys were in it sleeping
default_new_shocked.gif
. A few others had to come n out so the guys had to keep moving. I hadn't turned out my horses due to the weather but when we got home it was nice so I went to put them out only to discover the guys were in one of the fences cutting trees.

What would they of done if my horses were out, would they still go in the fence? They landed a small tree on part of the fence an went over it to get back and forth.

I'm not happy about it, I think the power co. should of given us a call to say that someone would be here.

Oh and before they left, when trying to get out they got their chipper they were towing stuck in the ditch and my boyfriend had to tow them out and they had tried to put chains on their tires and had no idea how to and they could barely speak english.

Thanks for listening!

I would call and complain about them sleeping and blocking your drive way.

Here in Ontario they came and ask permission if they can trim branches if are on your property, away from the hydro poles in case falling on hydro lines.

We told them no, put could cut down all 3 big trees completely, my husband was always afraid of them coming down in a bad storm because of being big old weed trees, they

OK 'd it and the day before coming was to call but came to our door to tell us they would be doing the trees tomorrow, and they cut them in small enough pieces to have them taken away. Used their chipper to get rid of the branches.

Sorry for your bad experience we have only had good ones with the Hydro here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hubby was a supervisor for the tree co. ASPLUNDH that contracted with the power company here in Wichita. He did that for a few years. Sadly they can even cut a tree down if it interferes with power lines and they have a minimum that they cut back on the trees for clearance. If your tree was on the easement then they have all rights to cut and come on your property to do so BUT the other stuff you need to call the company and ask to talk to the supervisor and it probably isn't the POWER Co. cause they contract the work out. His headquarters was back east and I believe in PA. or somewhere. Most of the guys do not make alot of money for the hard work they do..JMOP. Hubby would be out at night when limbs where down across powerlines and ice storms and it is dangerous work. Please remember that the next time there is a storm or in our case tornados and you have no power. After the ANDOVER Tornado ripped through Kansas and left its path of destruction he and his crew was gone for 6 days going non-stop to get trees removed for people to have power. Sorry to rant some but now you have heard from the other side.
default_wink.png

I'd call both the Power Company AND the Tree Company Management and tell them the ENTIRE episode. They ALL need to know....... Do NOT be shy. These companies need to be informed of how their employees do their job (or don't).

About five years ago at my parents farm in Missouri, the power company was working on the line (I don't really remember what they were doing. Anyway, no one was home at the time, and they took it upon themselves to CUT THE LOCK off of one of our pasture gates and let themselves in. They did NOT shut the gate behind them.

Thank god that we have amazing neighbors, they caught all five (big) horses up that had been in that pasture, and came to drive down the the house to see what was going on. Said the power guys were sitting right there up by the gate. They had watched the horses run out. All they could say was "oh we figured they'd just come back."

Oh you better believe they received some words from my father!

we had a problem with the "brush cutters" too last year. We have a tree line that goes along the rock wall that goes along the road and is next to our meadow, they cut down brush and TREES, my mother flipped out, the trees were in no way shape or form even near the lines, they just went very overboard, now you can really see our house from the road and my parents are not happy about that, we put our house so far away from the road for the reason we didnt want everyone to see it...these people are often quite ridiculous.....

Latest posts

Back