Jerry Lee Final Vet appt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Well after all my concerns about Jerry and neutering. Stitches are out and he has healed very quickly. The

funny part is when he had his surgery he weighed in at 93 lbs. Wellll! yesterday was also Diegos appt to

get his shots for the year to be licensed. Weighed in at 100 lbs even. OMG! I knew he was a hefty boy.

My daughter decided to pick him up and put him in my back seat, 4wd high truck. She grunted and groaned while doing this and looked around to see if he had eaten the two little dogs. He is afterall built like a

Mack Truck. At the vets Jerry decided he wasn't going to go down and show the vet his belly. It took both

of us to wrestle him to the floor and hold a kicking fighting dog down and calm him before he would let the

vet remove those stitches. A couple head butts to my face and he finally relented. The vet was extremely

impressed that during the wrestling match not once were there any teeth involved. He just didn't want that guy playing with his belly anymore. Can't say I blame him. Then load them back into the truck and off to

Micky D's for breakfast. All is well and Jerry will now be much more sane, Diego will be much happier with

his neutered friend and life will be much better here at home. The bad news is next year Bubba has to go

get his shots to be licensed. Oh how he shakes when he has to leave his home. Last time I took him I swear I heard his teeth chattering as he shook. Of course I don't much like Dr appts myself. I detest sitting in the

waiting room and having all the sick people so close to me. I wish they had another way to put the people

together.

Glad to hear that Jerry is doing well! I seem to be the only person on the planet that lost a dog to neuter surgery. (Dr. Middle in St. Helens)

Spirit is recovered from her recent spay and emergency stomach surgery, but my wallet won't recover for quite a while. (Almost $1500) Ouch.

Blockbuster gets to keep his doodads; he is an AKC Champion and stud dog now!! Plus, I've got 6 or 7 vials of his stuff frozen at the K9 sperm bank!

Daryl

Last edited by a moderator:
Daryl, for just a moment there I was afraid you were going to say in your freezer...that would give a new menaing to popsicles!

That would be right up there when my brother had to take a roadkill owl to the taxidermist for his environmental learning center, and kept it in his freezer overnight...not sure what his wife thought...

Back on topic...

Marie, I'm glad the big guy is doing well sans doodads.

Latest posts

Back