Jeff the pest...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Valley

Reaction score
Since Cruiser reinjured his eye he and Jeff have been in the yard. I tried to bring just Cruiser, but he and Jeff both went nuts, so I brought Jeff too. I've spent more time just watching them and interacting with them than usual. Cruiser is a normal horse for the most part...does horsey things. Jeff, I don't know...

Ever since he was a foal he's been a little oddball, and it is endearing, but he can be a pest.

I can not go outside for a breath of fresh air without him coming up for attention, and this is fine most of the time, but if I'm trying to accomplish something out there I may as well forget about it, thus no yard work...hey, this is good! Hmmm, must rethink my position of annoyance and be thankful...

He steals. I had a pair of boots out there and now they are gone. Jeff took them and put them in two different places in the yard.

He's carried Dixie's (St. Bernard) squished football all over the place, much to her dismay. They actually wrestle over it sometimes. Dixie will try to get it out of his mouth and he'll shake his head and paw at her. She'll grumble at him and he just runs off with it. When she has it he gets it if he can. She looks to me to intervene but I'm so thankful that he's not pestering me I just let him have it.

My patio cushions are all untied. Caught him doing it. Tried to shoo him off and he just looks at me, and nods his head up and down.

Kayla's pouch from the front of her bicycle has been carried all over the place. Kayla will take it away from him and put it back on her bicycle and he just gets it again when she leaves it alone.

I've watched him roll a basketball all over the yard.

He likes to torment the dogs, too. If one rolls over on her back to take a nap in the sunshine I swear that boy SNEAKS up on them then blows on their belly. Freaks them out. Pebbles (rotund pug) is his favorite, I think. He follows her around sniffing her and she'll jump at him and he paws at her. She will hide under the truck and he stands there with his head down peeking. He'll walk all around the truck like that, watching her.

Coco (neurotic alien dog) likes to yap at them, but Jeff shuts her up pretty quick. He makes mean eyes and runs at her and she runs to the house.

Earlier he was licking the glass on the front door. That looks pretty nasty now and requires a cleaning.

Then he and Cruiser both decided they like my lotion. Got my legs licked real good.

BUT...not complaining...I've watched them with Kayla out in the yard, and they stay pretty close to her. They always investigate whatever she's doing and she picks grass for them and hugs them. Neither of them is seriously nippy, they both like to "lip" things, but no nipping. It's a pretty sight to see her squatted down investigating something with her horses investigating right along with her.

When she rides her Jeep they both follow along. I think that's just too cute.

Just my thoughts this afternoon. I went out for my fresh air on the front porch this time because they were on the back. Normally I go out back to hide from traffic and get some quiet, and I have been reduced to going on the front to hide from the horses...

Your descriptions all made me laugh! (Needed it!)

We have a JEFFREY (last year's orphan) who has done a lot of those same things......must be the name or something......
default_unsure.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: Want to strangle the little begger, but wouldn't trade him for anything.

MA

Latest posts

Back