It's pretty bad when...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindyLee

Reaction score
It's pretty bad when I wake up and see the snow melting off my roof and look at the outside weather meter and see 42 degrees and I think that's warm out!!! LOL

I went out and did chores in my jammies this morning!!! And oh is it such a relief to do waters when nothings frozen over. I have to break water buckets x2 a day for 7 minis, 14 chickens, 2 swans, 5 bunnys and 4 barn cats. So this is warm weather to me!!!

Awww love the winter thaw! Rain in the forcast which is'nt very handy cause I know it will freeze and turn super cold right after and make everything very dangerous.

I feel the same
default_yes.gif
makes me think spring. I did chores in my jammies to
default_laugh.png
enjoy your day
default_aktion033.gif

It was so frozen today that I could not get the gate open to feed this morning. I had to chip the ice away so I could get in. Then I could not close the gate. The problem is we have had way more then normal rain and it has been real soggy out there. It was 50 degrees just 2 days ago. now we are a cold snap for the next week and not supposed to get over freezing. I just hope it thaws slow so the ground can absorb some of this water.

Ok I went out this morning gates and water was frozen, all bundled up. by this afternoon, temps were in the fourtys, took off coat, cleaned indoor, moved horses, cleaned out frozen water, great having in up in the fourtys. Of course it would have been better if the sun was shining, it was cloudy, but I am not complaining. Great day!! Looking forward to tomorrow, high close to 50. rain is on the way but what the hay, it will be close to 60, got the young ones in the indoor today, so I can play. My kind of weather, love it, not too cold, not too hot, just wonderful, better enjoy it while we can.

Haha I get excited when it's 20 out!

26 degrees here this AM and water buckets were frozen. Hose was frozen, too. Had to go inside to get water for the minis - is summer here yet?!
default_laugh.png

Liz R.

20 below this morning, everything was frozen and my pick-up battery is dead (wanted to move it to plow the yard, so its getting charged and hopefully we'll get it started here shortly). Its now around zero.

Come on summer, heck I'll take spring, mud and all if its warmer than this.

Would love 40! -10 this morning, wind chill -30, main floor of the house at 55 degrees - furnace just couldn't keep up.

Dressing in layers takes me a half and hour! I prefer when I can get out of bed and drag myself to feed in whatever I happened to sleep in!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back