Introducing...my new stallion! Westwind BTU Crown Prince Dun Blest

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mona, I'm thrilled that he has such a wonderful new home. Of course, I'll bet he is really enjoying the pasture, the cool and all the mares.
LOL....Stephanie, NO, he does NOT like the "cool"! I have been having to blanket him. Once during the day(just took the blanket off each time I had him breed a mare, and then put it back on) and then almost every night. He shivers and shakes like a leaf. These 50's are too cool for him, and the night before last, it was down to 41. I blanketed him and kept him in the barn over night(they were calling for rain that night too, but it never came) with a mare in the next stall for company.

Charlotte, NO, not a chance...it is pintos for me all the way, however, since I have some homozygous tobis, and LWO too, I just wanted a solid colored boy that will work with any/all patterns, and eventually, if I find the right LOUD appy mare at the right price, I plan to add of of those to my herd as well.
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks everyone for your nice comments.
default_wub.png
:

Ooooh congrats, he is a PERFECT stallion for you! WOW! Love those pictures, what a happy guy!

Andrea

He's very handsome Mona, did Sassy have a visit with him????????????
default_wub.png
:

Congratulations Mona :aktion033: :aktion033: very nice boy...and I'm glad you finally got him home!!

Sounds like you needed the "Two Diva's Transport" they dig us because we deliver :bgrin Marcy and I would 've got that horse to Ya :aktion033:

Mona big Congratulations he is just gorgeous I always like to see the Charlie babies as they are half brothers to my junior stallion who will have his first foal crop next year. Am sure you are going to have some wonderful babies in the Spring.

Congrats, Mona!

I love him!! And I already figured you'd be getting some little dun pintos with your pinto mares! :))

Can't wait to see your foal crop next year!!

Susan O.

Congratulations Mona :aktion033: :aktion033: very nice boy...and I'm glad you finally got him home!!

Sounds like you needed the "Two Diva's Transport" they dig us because we deliver :bgrin Marcy and I would 've got that horse to Ya :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
: That's for sure! I KNOW that would have been a sure bet!! :bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:
How did I miss this post!! Mona he is stunning.
default_wub.png
: I LOVE Karen Wales breeding program, well and Karen too...lol. Red dun is such a hard color to find and it is one of my favorites. I can't wait to see what he produces for you. Keep us posted on pictures of this handsome boy!!

I wish my girl had the darker mane and tail like yours does. But I still love her and hope you and I both have some red duns next year
default_smile.png

WOW>>>CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

He sure is a STUNNING stallion!!! :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

I bet you are going to be excited for spring next year!!!
default_yes.gif
:

How did I miss this post!! Mona he is stunning.
default_wub.png
: I LOVE Karen Wales breeding program, well and Karen too...lol. Red dun is such a hard color to find and it is one of my favorites. I can't wait to see what he produces for you. Keep us posted on pictures of this handsome boy!!

I wish my girl had the darker mane and tail like yours does. But I still love her and hope you and I both have some red duns next year
default_smile.png

Thanks Tami! I never expected a red dun to look this color. I expected them to look sorrel with darker leg points and dorsal stripe. After seeing so many pics of him throughout his life, I was sure he was maybe a shade of grulla because he has the darker face, dark stripe in his mane...not just a darker shade of red, but almost black looking, and almost black points. That is why I thought maybe he carried silver, lightening those to a dark chocolate brown color. I had him color tested(even before I got him home) for red factor(Homozygous Red-ee), agouti(Heterozygous-Aa), cream(Negative-nn) and silver(Negative-nn). So that tells me he is nothing but a red dun! I must admit, I was truely shocked at the results!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the idea, to get my mare color tested. I thought the same thing about mine, she has so much black in her body and legs but no silver in her sire or dam. Her dam was a grulla and sire a true bay. I have a grulla half sister to her (same dam) that I adore.

I just went and looked at the page you have on him and all I can say is WOW. I just LOVE him. He is not beautiful, he is SPECTACULAR. If you get any red dun foals and sell them you know I will be watching....lol.

I will be going down to Karen's place soon with a friend to pick up a stallion she bought from Karen. I just may have to look around
default_rolleyes.gif
: ....lol

Wow, what a looker!! :new_shocked: Congratulations on your new arrival and may he exceed all your expectations for him!!
default_smile.png

Very handsome man.... congratulations!

Lyn

Latest posts

Back