Interesting that Fox is not talking about this, surprised? NOT

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, that was such a wonderful, amazing thing that happened, but you had turn it into something ugly. And yes, while I haven't even looked at Fox today, I had seen this on a conservative website today.

Conservatives aren't some sort of monsters, like you seem to think. And Fox News exists for the very simple reason that conservatives would like to see real news without liberal censorship. And yet you begrudge us one major news station out of the many? Why?

Here's the gallup poll that came out, in fact, today http://www.gallup.co...s-new-high.aspx (Wonder if we'll see these results on ANY of the major stations? (and I'm not being political, as I include Fox in this))

Guess what? America's distrust for the media is at an all-time high right now. And Fox News is only one news station out of MANY. That's why I don't just look at one place to get my information. And it's a shame, because this poll clearly demonstrates that Americans want their news (from ALL networks) delivered in a fair, unbiased form so we can form our own conclusions.

And Mary Lou, I think Fox News is still focusing on the Emabassy story because whatever really went on is, in fact, extremely important in terms of our international relations. And yet the White House continues to change the story. And I'm not being snide in saying that, because I don't know if the problem is them, their intelligence, or what, but you'll have to admit it's unprecedented for the White House to continue to change their story and even contradict what different representatives are saying. I, myself, am really vested in this, because one of my closest friends in high school was a Navy SEAL (he was a KEY player in the Black Hawk Down incident, though he had transferred from the SEALS at that point, and I was so proud of him you would have thought I was his Mother), and he has done work similar to what these former SEALS had been doing (which, by the way, was not to protect the Ambassador....they were there for another reason, yet rushed to help and were killed in the process) ( I guess I'll always had this thing for Navy SEALS....) Anyways, I, for one, am really glad this is still in the news, as there are still so many unanswered questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Biden "hard wood" story is only reported at The Blaze? Glenn Beck's personal online tabloid? With no video or audio to back it up? Hmmm.

It sounds like a Biden kind of gaffe, though!
default_laugh.png

The "evil" so-called "liberal" (meaning anything but Fox even though they have Conservative talking heads on too) media here routinely laughs at Biden for his gaffes - they love doing so - if that actually happened, they will comment on it with great glee. No, they do not ignore it or cover it up. Never have, never will - no matter what right wing talking heads assure you is the case.

I loathe watching Fox deliberately stir the pot and get people worked up - like with the pirate picture or the Obama flag logo... they manipulate the news as much as or in some cases with specific stories more than all the rest of the media combined. All while trying to hide behind their Fair & Balanced slogan.

Wendy - the White House version of the embassy events has changed as they find out more and release more info that they feel is pertinent. The original tale was a bit of spin while they sorted things out - as has happened many times over the years with many administrations. Business as usual.
default_frusty.gif

That is not unprecedented as Fox will try to tell you. There may be info we will never know. It is also still in the news on other media and not just Fox. I am always puzzled when I read that only Fox is doing this or that - when they aren't. They do insist on telling you that they are the only ones doing something though - they beat you over the head with that even if it is not true.

Conservatives aren't some sort of monsters, like you seem to think
Who seemed to think that or even suggested it? No one. Certainly not me. I never lump all Conservatives into one group and never will - unlike those who say the Left always does this or that as if everyone thinks in unison and walks in lock step. They don't. Nor do all Conservatives.

Many of us are liberal in some things and more conservative about other topics. Everything really is shades of grey instead of simply black and white.

Many political threads here in the past have been full of venom about Liberals
default_no.gif
... it was not fun and it was not pretty - it is a good thing that you missed all of that back in 2008.

Hi Tagalong,

Yes, I'm glad I missed that, as well. Several of my best friends are wayyyy to the left, and we all know we're not going to EVER change each other, but does that stop us? But we don't get too personal and it seems to work. This particular election seems like the nastiest ever, and I'll be glad when it's over. I don't ever remember seeing the country so divided before. Normally, I don't get this worked up over elections, but, like DanielleE stated in a a thread, I just feel like there is something bad brewing. And I don't know if it even has anything to do with who becomes President, but my "spidey sense" is something I've learned to pay attention to. I'm hoping my "bad brew" is simply a weird reaction to all of this awful political hype, which certainly puts things in perspective.

Wendy

Say what you folks want about FOX. Their ratings are equal to nearly the other THREE major cable news outlets COMBINED. And this is consistently so
default_yes.gif
They are also the only NEWS that I see give time to both sides. All the time! The NEWS coverage on FOX is not one dimensional whatsoever as it is very much so on the other outlets. Of course, everyone wants to pretend that the OPINION programing on FOX is the "news", when, of course, it is not. It's opinion programing and also extremely popular.

I watch Fox News on television and listen to Suburban Left on satellite radio. I don't think anyone should take all their news from one source. And I do listen to Glenn Beck. I don't agree with all he says obviously but he has a handle on the Middle East situation and I've read all the books he's suggested and I've enjoyed listening listened to the guests on his show talking about the world crisis especially the professors. I've learned quite a bit from him regarding world issues. Doesn't mean I agree with him about everything but as he says listen, do the research for yourself and then make your own decisions.

The story I linked to should have been picked-up by Fox. Why would you keep such news from many readers and listeners. Many have commented why Muslims don't stand- up when something is done by radical Muslims. Well apparently they are. Makes me wonder if there have been other such kind if incidence that wasn't reported by any North American media. Is their a bigger agenda to keep disunity and hatred going?

I read news from lots of places and YES, some places go more LEFT - like LEFT Huffington Post BUT I read RIGHT Fox just as much.. They are almost polar opposites.. That is how it helps me to see BOTH SIDES of ONE ISSUE..
I also watch TV news from a variety of sources - if you stick to just one source - like Fox - you get a VERY skewed view of what is going on - and that includes the opinion shows and chatty stuff like Fox & Friends. I always remind folks that fair & balanced is just an advertising slogan - not a mission statement.

I try to stomach a bit of Glenn Beck's channel - but between the usual fake dramatics and his insistence in the past that facts are not important... it is hard. He even got to be too much for Fox - but now he can do everything as he pleases! That will be.... interesting... and not fair & balanced.

Latest posts

Back