I'm no chef...and I HATE cooking!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I used to dislike cooking, but it was only because I didn't know very well how to.

What I've found really enlightening is watching real time shows on the Food Network.
default_smile.png

Great stuff!

Liz M.

Sara,

This is something I didn't know about you:), it did give me a chuckle tho. I cook 2-3 meals a day, and sometimes they don't always turn out. I rarely use recipes, just kind of think something sounds good and throw it together, today I made the kids my version of the crunchwrap from Taco Bell as my kids love those. We just came home from a 3 week road trip of doing nothing but eating out, and like you, it got to the point like, OMG which one tonight.....I missed my home cooked food, and I gained 6 lbs in that short time just from eating out!!!! Thank God show season is over for us!!! And imagine I even have a living quarters, but it is just easier to go to Mc D's when you are on the road.

We love pot roast but I tried something new with it. I take a can of cream of mushroom soup, and a little bag of the liptons onion soup mix, mix it together and pour it over the roast, put some baby carrots, and cut a few potatoes up and throw it in the oven. It is very tasty and only takes a few min to prepare.

I realized that we spend a good $250-300 (for two people!!!) on fast food a month, I figure that I need to get off my high horse, suck it up and cook. :cold: We stopped the eating out about 3 weeks ago (been living off of the frozen stuff in our freezer), and I've already seen a difference in the scale. I'm trying to use that as my motivation!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

SweetOpal wrote: "I gained 6 lbs in that short time just from eating out!!!!"

What's up with that? Why is it so easy to gain the weight, but it takes forever to lose it?
default_smile.png
Thanks Jennifer for that recipe. I'll be sure to try it. I've made out my list and I think we're going shopping tomorrow for the food we'll need for "good ol' home cooking". Wish me luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back