I hear this strange sound!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
I heard something while ago, couldn't figure out what it was, it is finally raining! It is so dry here that when it first started, the water was beading on the ground. I wish it would do this all day for a week! My grass is so dry it crunches when you step on it and the dust comes off of it when you step on it.

I might be able to leave the sprinkler off today!

Mary

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

We've been dry too. Wednesday evening we were at the fair, at the demolition derby, when it started to rain; most people headed for cover (small fairgrounds, one covered and one uncovered grandstand). We mostly stayed out in the rain, it was so wonderful. We hadn't had rain in two months.

Here on the East Coast we've had rain since you guys but, not much! In April we were 7" below norm for the year. May, June we went another 2" down...and in JULY we were 5" down for that month alone. Coupled with 98-102 degrees for 3 weeks and our grass was crunchy, for sure!!

Yesterday, we have overcast skies, and a WONDERFUL slow, drizzly rain for a couple hours. And it didn't clear off and get hot/sunny, so the water didn't just evaporate away. LOVED IT. It's still overcast & I'm hoping some of the rain West of us will hit my area.

WOW -- asking for rain???
default_yes.gif
: Saving pastures for the 2nd time this year. My sprinklers are tired.

Woo Hoo! It's raining right now. It was overcast this morning when I fed and a little bit of thunder rumbles, but it didn't look like it would do anything; well, it's raining. Yeah!

Hi Mary

Glad it rained in Shawnee, when I went out to feed this morning it was just spitting. Just enough to show drops on the sand. My place is so dry and it is a sand clay mixture that the sand is really starting to come through and makes it very difficult to do anything--almost like walking on a beach.

We need a continueous gentle soaking rain for about a week and that would only be for a starter. We are so dry here. When Jan had Piper buried at her place, the backhoe was down 6 feet before they every saw a difference in the soil color and was down 8 feet before it was consistent. Now that is dry.

Here in OK some parts are 15" below normal rainfall. Come on rain--you won't hear me complain about soggy conditions.
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back