I had puppies!!! ok... not ME... but my Aussie just did!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos Ranch

Reaction score
Pixie started having her puppies today at 2:50. Only one came out... a black tri female with the prettiest doggon markings! Anyhow... I moved her up to the house. But she stopped having puppies!
default_wacko.png
:

No more labor... no more nothing. I messed up by moving her. 3 hours later after no contractions or no puppies I call my breeder and tell her I think I broke my dog. She lauged at me and told me no, I just made her nervous...get her into the crate in my bedroom and sit with her and she'll be fine. So I go back out to get her and her daughter and there's another daughter in there! A blue merle baby girl!!! :aktion033:

So I bring her in and get her comfey and 10 minutes later pop... out comes another blue merle baby girl! YAY!!!! :aktion033: :bgrin

So then they start coming regular. At 9:60 p.m.she had delivered the last one. (I think). So far she has

1 black tri female

1 black tri male

2 blue merle females

1 red merle female

1 red merle male

1 red-tri female

I am SOOOO tickled! They're all healthy and shiney and nursing like leaches!!! Pixie is SUCH a very very good momma. She is having her pups 3 days early (I'm very sure of the breeding date) but they're all in great health so far. No weak or runt-ish ones.

The other litter I had were from someone else's breeding. I got their momma while she was already bred. This litter here is my first mating and I am thrilled with the pups.
default_yes.gif
:

Oh Kimmy that's wonderful! They are going to be so darn cute! I can just picture them running all over the place romping and rolling!

And no, I'm not going to peek!

default_sad.png
default_sad.png
She had one more and she pushed it away. She wouldn't take care of it. I went in and checked on her at 11:10 and she was fine... semed like she was done. I went back in at 12 and there was the little red tri femail puppy, cleaned, but pushed up into the corner at the front of the crate... and she wasn't breathing. :no: Why do they do that? What makes a dog refuse one puppy that seems to never make it... but take care of all the rest of them?

I tried to revive it.... did everything possible but it just wouldn't come back. While I was trying to bring it back Donnie was in there with her and she had another puppy. Number 9. Another black tri female....so all-together she had 7 girls and 2 boys, but one girl didn't make it. I sure hope she's done.
default_wacko.png
:

Marty... you can peek... it's safe... I'm too far away for you to run over here and grab one.
default_yes.gif
: (but... I will be making a trip over by Corinth Mississippi before too long....that's not too awefully far from you is it?)

OH... did you know they are starting puppies around here on heartworm preventative at 6 WEEKS old!!!! A young girl that bought my first pup took him to the vet at 6 weeks for routine stuff and she said he started the pup on heartguard for puppies.... she asked him about it and he said it's common practice now to start pups as early as 6 weeks old...who knew?

Congrats on all your puppies, can't wait to see pictures. I wonder if maybe something was wrong with the tri puppy that died, making her (the mom) give up on it. :no: Mother nature has her way you know........

Boy, in a few weeks, you sure are going to have your hands full.......enjoy them while they are immobile, :bgrin . Again.........can't wait to see pictures! :lol:

Alicia

Congratulations, I can not wait to see pictures! If you make a side trip to Texas, (After you stop in TN!)feel free to drop one off!

Sometimes they know when there is something wrong that is not obvious to us with a puppy. It seems so cruel, but it is nature, and they go by their instincts.

OK, now we need the pictures so Marty can peek!

Congrats on the new pups (and sorry you lost the red tri girl
default_sad.png
We have a red merle and a red tri, and I SO want a blue merle little girl....hmmmmm, traveling out west anytime soon?!
default_smile.png

Congratulations, I can not wait to see pictures! If you make a side trip to Texas, (After you stop in TN!)feel free to drop one off!
Lol... actually, 4 of my puppies from the last litter (3 red merles and 1 red tri) are headed to Caton Texas on the 28th of this month.

Congrats on the new pups (and sorry you lost the red tri girl
default_sad.png
We have a red merle and a red tri, and I SO want a blue merle little girl....hmmmmm, traveling out west anytime soon?!
default_smile.png
:bgrin There just so happens to have been 2 very very beautiful blue merle girls in this litter
default_yes.gif
: I have a blue merle male and I love him dearly and I think he's the prettiest dog in the world (so does he
default_rolleyes.gif
default_smile.png
but these two girls have me re-thinking that. They're very brilliantly colored with loads of speckled dots all over them.

I wanted to post pictures, but you really can't tell much about them when they're just a few days old. I like for them to be about 5 weeks old, fluffy and bouncing around to get those really adorable pictures. (I'm sure I won't be able to wait that long though)

Two words- I'M JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_wink.png
:

I hope you manage to find them homes before the herding instinct really kicks in.
default_rolleyes.gif
: One little mutt trying to make me act like a sheep is more than enough.
default_wacko.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I may have to check on how shippping works...
default_wink.png
:

Hmm, I may have to check on how shippping works...
default_wink.png
:
You know... I've been looking into offering shipping on my pups. My friend told me it's actually quite simple. She said all I would need to do is add extra to the cost of the puppy to buy the shipping crate (less than 30.) and the health certificate (15-25. depending on which vet I use), air fare, and fuel to make teh 1 and a half hour trip to memphis.

From what I understand many kennels offer the shipping option at the expense of the buyer, and they schedule a trip once a month (or more if need be) and take those pups that require shipping over at that time.

Is anyone else here familiar with shipping puppies? Is it safe? The puppies would be ok woudln't they? They don't just toss them in a corner and they slip and slide around in their crates do they?

Oh Oh OH ~~~ I almost forgot... I have picked a name for my kennel.... it's..........

K-Aussies !!!! (if you said it right you can still hear the Chaos in there lol...)
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: K for Kim, and K for making it sound like Chaos..... whaduya think?

(I'm trying to hammer out my new website design now)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the name K-Aussies! You know, I'll ask the "expert" in the family, my sister shows and has a kennel in NJ (Akitas) and ships puppies all over the world... Good luck on the website. I'm still working on that myself
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back