I found my new home!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent the earlier message from my phone, as my internet wasn't working. I grew up in Florida, from 1984 to 2006 so I wasn't just a short trip part time person in Florida, I've seen what looks like high and dry and is for a long time become a swamp with a lot of rain, that is where I was coming from. The house we bought after my husband and I got married, had no water oaks, no signs that it would flood like it did but we got more than 1 or 2 inches of rain and I had to wear knee high boots to the barn so I'd be dry. I really hope that your property is the property of your dreams and that you enjoy living in Florida.

Karen

Have you scaled down the number of horses that you'll be transporting to Florida with you?

Yes I am scaling down. Right now I have about 50 horses and I would like to only take between 25 and 30. From there I would like to scale down to about 20. (though we all know that will not happen).
default_laugh.png

I sent the earlier message from my phone, as my internet wasn't working. I grew up in Florida, from 1984 to 2006 so I wasn't just a short trip part time person in Florida, I've seen what looks like high and dry and is for a long time become a swamp with a lot of rain, that is where I was coming from. The house we bought after my husband and I got married, had no water oaks, no signs that it would flood like it did but we got more than 1 or 2 inches of rain and I had to wear knee high boots to the barn so I'd be dry. I really hope that your property is the property of your dreams and that you enjoy living in Florida.

Karen

The land is high and dry. There are tree farms just down from me about 1/2 mile as the crow flies as well as some farmers fields. This property sits higher than those. A tree farm would not survive if it got flooded out.

WOOOOOOW! That looks like heaven to me!! Congrats I bet you are SO excited! Awesome!

I am down here in Florida and have been looking for a home. Found one in Lake City. 11 acres. Pure privacy, last house on a long private road.

My horses are going to think they died and went to heaven.
It's an absolutely beautiful home! And NO MORE SNOW is the best part of it! Weird... I'm here in wisconsin, so you and I are sort of neighbors, and when you move to Florida we'll still be neighbors, because you'll be a little over two hours away from my home in Ormand Beach! I usually spend part of the winter down there so I don't have to deal with the stinkin' snow! I let my husband stay home and do that! LOL!

Congrat. We looked in Lake City as well but we ended up in Citra, just north of Ocala. There are so many shows here but I haven't been to any yet for lack of funds. I shooting for Fall. If you need a shipper for the horses I can give you the name and number of the guy I used. I found him on Uship.com and he was great. He shipped my horses from NJ to FL.

Congrats!!! It looks Fantastic!

And the No More Snow would be the best part of it all to me!!!!

Susan O.

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
Congrats!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
Have "fun" moving and enjoy your new paradise!

Latest posts

Back