Holy Shop Vac Bat Man!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammy Breckenridge

Reaction score
Ok you guys rock! I have been reading about some of ya'll vacuuming your horses and didnt think much about it. Then I found a little wall mounted shop vac at Home Depot for $20 and just thought I would give it a try and OMG! the stuff I got out of my horses, not just dirt but dander to! And these are stalled horses that get brushed almost every day. And they really seems to enjoy the feeling of it too.

Thanks for the info as I was considering adding one to my barn.
default_wink.png

We have used a horse vac for years and I cannot imagine being without one.

You can use some as a blower as well and dry them when they are wet.

Quite useful.

Our shop vac is used on the barn's many spider webs too.
default_rolleyes.gif

Wow, I've never thought of using a shop vac instead of a "horse" vac! Thank you for the idea!

How loud is it? I have a different/bigger shop vac and it's quite loud so I don't think I could use the one I already have to vac horses.

I also have one of the huge shop vacs at my grooming shop and this little one is no where near that loud. Its not quiet but no louder than my upright house vac.

I use the big shop vac and they are loud all I did was let it run and I sat in a lawn chair with a dish of grain and if you wanted goodies you had to walk by the vacum. It didnt take my guys 5 min to want the goodies over the shop vac.

Now I just sit in the lawn chair and I vacum them my husband just shakes his head but it works good.

Now I actually never thought of that, that is actually really neat and a really good price too. I will for sure look into that ... thank you!

Hey I think I might go get one of them shop vacs the horse vacs are sooooo expensive ! I also had an idea if you have an old canister vac you could use that to it has a longer hose ! (thinks to self i should kept that old filter queen i had darn it ! )

The horses seem to get use to that pretty quick and we used one at the big ranch i worked at and for halter horses and a good clean shinny coat its a must for daily grooming.

I remember one day when i was younger and i had just heard about vacs for horse and i thought well heck if that works then the house vac will work

took my moms upright outside and vaccumed the horses !!!!!! good thing she wasnt home LOL

Think im goin to buy one tomorrow at Atwoods with my gc i got for Christmas ! good idea !

oh and how nice would that be to suck up all that winter hair instead of having it blow in your face wow thats enuff incentive to go buy one !

Ok you guys rock! I have been reading about some of ya'll vacuuming your horses and didnt think much about it. Then I found a little wall mounted shop vac at Home Depot for $20 and just thought I would give it a try and OMG! the stuff I got out of my horses, not just dirt but dander to! And these are stalled horses that get brushed almost every day. And they really seems to enjoy the feeling of it too.
Ohhh...come on Tammy. You're a groomer and I beat you to the force dryer/blower thing?
default_smile.png
I've not used mine as a vaccume, but I use the force dryer part all of the time and it works great. I have to wear goggles and protect the horse's eyes too, but boy does it get all of that crap off of them. I'll be doing it this week. Company is coming Saturday and I don't want dirty horses.

Laura

I've been looking at horse vac/blowers, but this much more reasonable. The specs on it say only a 4' cord, that would be my only reservation - is the short cord a problem?

My boarder last year had a blower I used a few times, great for cleaning the horses but boy did it trash my groom room LOL....had to move outside with it!

Jan

I've been looking at horse vac/blowers, but this much more reasonable. The specs on it say only a 4' cord, that would be my only reservation - is the short cord a problem?My boarder last year had a blower I used a few times, great for cleaning the horses but boy did it trash my groom room LOL....had to move outside with it!

Jan

you can always get an extension cord for fairly cheap if you dont already have one

I think Tammy should get a kick back from Lowe's, because as soon as I'm done here I'm heading over there to get one of those!! Nice! I can't wait to suck up all those cobwebs!! Whoo hoo!

Jayne

Oh cool Kira98! We got you a shop vac! (GC)
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back