Help with Horse Color change

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
This is Ariel, Hardship Registered AMHR 2004. When I originally had her examined and measured for hardshipping even the Steward said Black. Every year she shows more and more red and as you can see in the picture now she looks like a Bay. I'm filling out the paperwork to change ownership to my daughter and my fear is they will take one look at her picture and say not the same horse. She really is the same horse. I have several friends who would attest to the fact that she is the same horse. One of those friends is a show steward.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Arielatshowfullbody-1.jpg

MVC-216F.jpg

Picture taken yesterday.

KodaJuly252009013.jpg

In the sun she looks even more red than in the Arena.

Judging from those pictures, I would say she is black. The reddish look is probably just sunbleaching. I have a black mare who also gets "brownish" looking on her body in summer.

If you mare were indeed bay...or even black/bay, she would have brownish hairs around her muzzel & eye....and I just don't see that. She looks very black in those areas.

You could have her tested for agouta, if you want to be sure.
default_wink.png

C'mon Marie, I think you are trying to pull a fast one on us.
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

Daryl

Nothing better to do with my time Daryl. Nice to see you here, did you check out the video on the Driving Forum of Vicky driving Ariel and yes it is truly Ariel. Keep it up buddy and I will make you bring up your video camera to record todays session.

If you mare were indeed bay...or even black/bay, she would have brownish hairs around her muzzel & eye....and I just don't see that. She looks very black in those areas.
You could have her tested for agouta, if you want to be sure.
default_wink.png

She'd also have reddish fur inside her ears.
default_yes.gif

I suppose there is the possibility of her being Smoky Black, but she really does look Black to me, and I don't think you will have any problems with her.

Thank you very much. Black it is. She has no brown or reddish hair in ears it is blk. None on her nose it is blk.

Now they will be body clipping her as she gets sweaty very fast when driving her. Plus the pulling of the long hairs is making her uncomfortable.

How about a horse colored like that, but has cream hair in her ears??

Still black?

Latest posts

Back