Help with flat feet

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3234

Reaction score
I recently aquired a 29 in mini with very nice shaped front feet but they are flat. This being Arizona its main road composition is rock. I have not had any problems with his feet so far, but I would like to start teaching him to drive and flat feet & rock are not a good combination. My problem is his feet are so tiny and I am having a time finding a decent boot that fits. So I was wondering it there are other things that might work? Glue on shoes that actually stayed glued and/or an actual boot for a very tiny mini.

Much appreciated.

Has anyone had any sucess with glue on shoes made of rubber strips? What type of glue would you use. Saw this on another post.

I use the hi-top canvas build a bear runners...and there is also a decent little boot made by Chimacum.

If the build a bear shoes don't work, there is a glue product called "superfast". There are also rubber shoes that come in mini size and they glue on, I have used them on driving horses to prevent too much hoof wall wear and to help foundered minis. If the hoofwall is prepped correctly the glue should last 6-10 weeks. I am in AZ too.

BSharpRanch do you know where to purchase these rubber shoes and superfast glue?

Epona shoes out of california makes and sells the shoes. They sell a glue which they recomend. I use Superfast because that is what the farrier store sells here in Phoenix.

Latest posts

Back