Help me solve my baking mystery!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_new_rofl.gif
"I don't have a kitchen witch but I'm ready to board my broomstick over this."
default_new_rofl.gif

Marty, you need to write a song using that line. It could be a hit. Call it Gonna Fly All Over This Range or something similar. You could plaster some big ole warts on your face, get the witch hat on, and have somebody man a video camera. You are good at this sort of thing.
default_biggrin.png
Wishing you better baking soon.

MYSTERY SOLVED! And boy am I going to take a walk of shame for this one. Bring on the moron award.

I just baked brownies, a cake and a bread compliments of Pillsbury and they are perfect. Rose to the occasion beautifully. Nothing is flat, everything is great and I couldn't be more happy. Guess why?
I don't even want to tell you its so bad. Its really stupid bad. The kind of bad that would make my mother want to smack me upside the head bad. But I guess I have to fess up.

It is actually two things:

#`1 I HAVE to use the electric beater and stop mixing with a fork.

#2 I HAVE to use the high altitude directions.

Who knew? One of my neighbors told me that even though we are not all that high up in the mountains, our two houses sit on top of a hill and when she started using the high altitude directions, everything she baked made a significant difference and rose much nicer

I did both and walla.....no more flat problems except in my brain.

As for Mr. Retirement, at least it was a good excuse to get him to do some updating on the stove and have me clean the floor under it. I think he was going to strangle me over this one but I reminded him if he did, no cake tonite!

Well, if the mystery isn't completely solved and you have issues again, I'll share this information with you. I asked my MIL as she cooked on a gas stove for years, since you already went of the stove with a fine tooth comb and all was fine, she said to check the PSI of the gas coming into the stove, if the PSI isn't right the oven won't hold its temperature.

BROWNIES at Martys tonite. My problem is kids don't leave them in long enough they like gooy ones.

I'm stil baking! I am finding certain cake mixes do a little bit better with an extra egg or a dash of baking powder but others don't need any adjustment. Its hit and miss but so far so good. My electric mixer is now stationary on my counter and nothing is coming out flat. I did bake the worst oatmeal raisin cookies today though because I was trying to be inventive and not measure.......ugh, that was pretty dumb but Mr. Retirement will eat anything and thought they were good.
default_eat.gif

LOL I have a Norwegian kitchen witch that came all the way from Norway. She over sees all.

Latest posts

Back