Had to Brag on My Jewel's mag article!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyviewminis

Reaction score
First I want to say that I just love all the beautiful foals this year and love looking at pics.

My Jewel's article finally was printed in April's issue of Clinton Anderson's magazine! There was a huge tour and the first member party last June in Las Vegas (6 hours south of here) at the South Point Equestrian arena. My mare just wouldn't foal and went 6 weeks over her projected due date, so we had to cancel all of our plans for the tour and party. Everyone in our online horse club it seems waited with us for this foal. When Jewel finally decided to arrive on the 24th of June, everyone was so relieved and excited that all went well even tho her front leg was pinned under her during birth. It was suggested that we just had to add Vegas to her name which we did. I was so excited when they decided to do an article on her and my other minis! It was a wonderful article with lots of pictures and I think it really promoted the miniature breed. Many of the members have miniatures as well as big horses now, and many are new to minis and need info so some of us give information and I always refer new mini owners to Lil Beginnings for more information, to read and find websites. If it wasn't for the information from Lil Beginnings members and some of the Club members I am sure I would have lost this foal.

Congrats!! That is great. I think the more articles about minis (in a positive light) that reach "big" horse people, the better it will be for all miniature horses!

I am looking forward to reading the article! Thanks again Becky
default_smile.png

Congrats!! That is great. I think the more articles about minis (in a positive light) that reach "big" horse people, the better it will be for all miniature horses!
I totally agree! Can't wait to read it.

Thank you again Becky for sending me a copy of the magazine, it was a very well-written article and I enjoyed reading it
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you and I do too. Far to many misconceptions out there.

Autumn, I fought wind, dust bowl conditions, ext. cords not plugged in where they were supposed to be, and an impatient little gal who thought she was starving to death, and got Jewel clipped completely lol! So now we may have snow again, but I reserved two blankets and two stalls are bedded just in case for her and Gem the Energizer Bunny. Where she was head and neck clipped is turning tan/gold as it grows, underneath is still grey.

I tried very hard today to get a decent pic of her, but she is EXACTLY like her mom, if there is a camera around, squeeeeeze the eyes shut and purse those lips, or turn the head. My husband was laughing nonstop because out of 16 pictures not one could be used, just like Missy. Funniest quirk I ever saw with a horse lol! I will keep stalking her tho.

Latest posts

Back