Gracie's Mini Mommas' To Be Page- All done foaling! Five Healthy Foals!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baby is up & trying to find milk bar. She has a 6.5" cannon & about 19.5" tall. Colostrom quality is very good & placenta just passed. Jasmine has Banamine on board too. Now if baby will nurse & poop we might catch some sleep tonight.

Gracie felt position, it was textbook & she helped deliver. I just stood back & watched.

Congratulations on the colt
default_smile.png
Now you can get some well earned rest!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on another FILLY!!!

Can't wait to see some pictures!
default_smile.png

Glad everything went smoothly and mom and baby are doing good!

Here are a couple pictures I took last night. She was about an 60-90 minutes old here. Jasmine and baby girl are doing great. The baby has the craziest face marking. Will take some more pictures this afternoon.

Here she is practicing her show stance already
default_yes.gif

IMG_2302.JPG

Such a unique face marking!

IMG_2306.jpg

Here are a couple pictures I took last night. She was about an 60-90 minutes old here. Jasmine and baby girl are doing great. The baby has the craziest face marking. Will take some more pictures this afternoon.

Here she is practicing her show stance already
default_yes.gif

View attachment 8725

Such a unique face marking!

View attachment 8726
How adorable, congratulations on ALL your beautiful foals. WOW they are beautiful!!!

Congrats on another gorgeous pinto and another filly!!! Wow, you are on a well-deserved roll!!!! I love this one - she would do very well in color classes, but I just like her anyway.

Wow she is a looker! Lover her blaze- looks so cool on that little face of hers!

I wouldn't mind something like this out of Mary
default_smile.png
haha.

Congrats again! Now for the next (and last?) one! Woo!

Yeah!!! Go jasmine! Wow another absoloutly gorgeous foal!!! Love the name Diane "star twist" so cute!!!

Your stallion has sure had a great start sandy!!! Any more to come?? Gracie must be ecstatic!! What a good girl helping deliver this gorgeous baby!!! Shell be a pro before long that's for sure!!

Thank you all! Gracie and I are ecstatic for sure!!
default_yes.gif
We feel like we won the lottery with these beautiful babies! Still searching for the right name for her. I just drew blood and ran her IgG and is tools good, not quite as great as the others but I think it is well enough. She is doing great, very active and friendly little one. Jasmine is also doing good. A little concerned as she has still not pooped yet, but she pooped a ton yesterday and last night, so I am sure she is empty. Will keep a close eye on her.

We have one more due and that is Margarita, they grey and white AMHA Res World Ch Halter girl. She is building a very nice udder. 340 days is June 1. I do not think she will go that long though. I tested her milk yesterday and it was at 8.0 so we have some time. She is in the barn with a stall and paddock and daily turnout but I am hoping all these babies make her get with it. She is really in to everyone else's babies and I can see the longing there. She has also been going around our stallions pen and "flirting" a little with him. The hormones a wacky, poor girl. I have been feeding her a complete hay pellet and more alfalfa and she is looking better. I am not sure why she has gotten so thin when she is one of the top mares on the totem pole and all the other girls are fluffy with plenty of weight. I will take some pictures of Margarita's udder tonight and post later.

Congrats on your lovely new filly. Can't wait to see outside pics with the outher foals!

Here is a picture I took tonight of Gracie and her newest baby girl. She is such a babe!

Image 1.jpg

I went ahead and milk tested Margarita again tonight for fun. She tested 8.0 last night and tonight she tested 7.2. I think her seeing her stable mate foal is making her long for a baby worse.
default_yes.gif
She is 323 days today. Here are some udder pictures I took tonight as well. Pardon her not being tidy yet.

Image 2.jpg

Image 3.jpg

WOW she has got a nice udder! I'd be watching that PH, teats are pointed away from each other... she may pull a sneaky one... how is her tummy? she is just SOOO beautiful (your new baby that is LOL) Gracie looks so pleased with her
default_smile.png
gorgeous!!

These foals are going to be the most loved and well cared for babies!! I can see it now! :D

can we see a pic of Margarita? a full body shot?

WOW she has got a nice udder! I'd be watching that PH, teats are pointed away from each other... she may pull a sneaky one... how is her tummy? she is just SOOO beautiful (your new baby that is LOL) Gracie looks so pleased with her
default_smile.png
gorgeous!!

These foals are going to be the most loved and well cared for babies!! I can see it now! :D

can we see a pic of Margarita? a full body shot?
Thank you Cassie! I will get side pictures of Margarita tomorrow. I to think that she may be a sneaky one. With her udder remaining just as large in the evening as it is in the morning and her Foal strip changes in 24 hours, I think she will not wait too long.

wow I agree with Cassie, that udder looks good
default_thumbup.gif
What her like a hawk cos I bet she will drop fast.
default_yes.gif

Margarita looks very close to foaling from that udder. I think you will be having a foal this week!

We may have to switch to year-round school because between foal patrol, mini foals, teasing/breeding season and of course the cute kittens we have been bottle feeding, we are not getting any school work done!! It has been 3 weeks now that we have hardly down anything. Oh well, I guess that is the beauty of home-schooling. Gracie just wants to sit in the pasture with her babies or the stall with her new one, groom the ones that have yet to foal or sit in her school room and play with kittens. Not that I blame her.

Camera battery is charging, will take pics of Margarita and post later today.

Latest posts

Back