Got our result back.... (as frame overo)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockinSMiniature

Reaction score
Hi,

Remember while back as I posted about Frame Overo..

Got the result, she is pos. for frame overo...

Here is her photo that taken couple weeks ago.

cane4-24-10%20037.jpg

DARN!!.. I am hoping that she is NEG.......
default_sad.png

Thanks for helping out!..

Hi,

Remember while back as I posted about Frame Overo..

Got the result, she is pos. for frame overo...

Here is her photo that taken couple weeks ago.

cane4-24-10%20037.jpg

DARN!!.. I am hoping that she is NEG.......
sad.gif

Thanks for helping out!..
Sorry, I must have missed your original post. What made you even test her? Is there a marking that I can't see in this photo or was it because of her parents or just because you were being safe and testing since your stallion is LWO? I'm trying to learn more about this topic. Thanks! Lovely mare btw.

Thanks! Show me an appy, and I can usually figure it out...but paints and pintos...don't know much except "always check for LWO".

Well DARN!
default_sad.png
I knew when she was born that it was possible. She will probably be a wonderful loud-color producer. But I know that doesn't help you much with a LWO+ stallion. I hope you can find a good home for her. She is such a sweet and lovely filly.

Sorry, I must have missed your original post. What made you even test her? Is there a marking that I can't see in this photo or was it because of her parents or just because you were being safe and testing since your stallion is LWO? I'm trying to learn more about this topic. Thanks! Lovely mare btw.
Hi,

The reason why I tested her because her sire as doubt that he is carrier and plus his sire and got Lazy-N-Red-Boy.

Which I google up on her pedigree and see as single line of LWO carrier.

Thanks! Show me an appy, and I can usually figure it out...but paints and pintos...don't know much except "always check for LWO".

Hi Sue_C,

It is not on her dam's side that is carrier of Frame Overo.

It is on her sire's side.

Here is the pedigree, http://rockinsminiatures.webs.com/rosie's%20pedigree.htm

Well DARN!
sad.gif
I knew when she was born that it was possible. She will probably be a wonderful loud-color producer. But I know that doesn't help you much with a LWO+ stallion. I hope you can find a good home for her. She is such a sweet and lovely filly.
I was like neg, neg..... then got the result and DARN!!!!...

We will find her a good home and she is very LOVELY filly!!.. My heart will goes ache when we let her go!..

Have a good week!.. ;)

Maybe you could keep her and breed her to an outside stallion. It is going to be a couple years before she is old enough to breed. You never know what might happen between now and then. You might have a LWO- stallion by then.

Maybe you could keep her and breed her to an outside stallion. It is going to be a couple years before she is old enough to breed. You never know what might happen between now and then. You might have a LWO- stallion by then.
Hi,

Ya - I did give a thought about it and we have to do one day a time and see in our heart and want to do the right thing.

I really liked our new stallion and very happy with him and my husband told me that he is "keeper".... I agree w/ him.

Rosie is such sweet and TINY!!!..
wub.gif

Never know things might work out in another way in God's hand.

Wow, great reminder to always test!! I wouldn't have suspected it based on that face white. Looked at your website, your stallion is beautiful, btw!! Sorry you won't be able to breed the two of them though...

Wow, great reminder to always test!! I wouldn't have suspected it based on that face white. Looked at your website, your stallion is beautiful, btw!! Sorry you won't be able to breed the two of them though...
Hi,

Thank you and I think it is important to test for frame overo and it is only $25.00 and feel more safe.
smile.gif

Also knowing in some pedigree that is carrier of frame overo and test and test!!..

I don't want to go through heartbreaking when found out on the foal as being lethal.

Glad that you went and peek at our website and hope you enjoy it.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back