Goodbye, Kyan

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, your beautiful little Kyan! That is so sad. I'm sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png
(((hugs)))

Liz, I am so saddened and shocked all at the same time...... so very sorry to hear this tragic news about kyan.

I know my Mom was up in Heaven waiting to greet him when he arrived, as I am sure she is doing for all the horses that pass over, as her love & passion for horses I am sure is still going strong.
default_wub.png
:

Please know I am thinking of you at this sad time.

Valerie

Liz I am so sorry this terrible thing has happened to you.

One of those insane crazy freak accidents; so unfair.

I agree that since the eye injury is your only clue, that he must have hit himself in a delicate place and that caused it.

Don't worry though. Michael has him and after feeding, he turned him out in one of the best fields he has up there and he took off romping like a shot today. He's ok.

Thank you, everyone, for your comfort and understanding.

Marty, that is a nice thought....Kyan was full of life and mischief, he and Michael would have a great time together...he can keep him occupied til some day long in the future when Timmy shows up to reclaim that title of number one pest!

default_smile.png

liz

I am always thinking if I could have just persuaded him to go up that "maze" to the upper pasture, or if he had been gelded prior, and able to be on the lower pasture, or if I'd found a good new home for him earlier ... or... what if is big right now. Thanks for posting the pic, Debra. I did fix my page, but it's hard to put Kyan in the past tense (as in "was" not "is" or "will be."). I am still giving myself little breaks from reality in the form of denial, but it will be hard not to have him here in the future.

It will be comforting to see his father next weekend. They were so alike.

Thanks everyone...one just never knows.
I have no doubt you are going through all the "what if's" ... I do think it's all part of the grieving process, trying to come to terms to the loss you just experienced. It's going to take time to heal from this - I'm at 2 1/2 months loss of Cody and I still can't put his photos away, can still barely believe I lost him. Take your time, try to celebrate where you can -- and you're right, no one ever knows... my only advice is to let yourself grieve, and hold onto those special moments where you can find them.

Take care,

Liz R.

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Liz I am so very sorry for your loss of your beloved and beautiful Kyan! :no: He was such a pretty little man. One never knows why these strange accidents happen. I had a friend who was loaded her beloved QH gelding years ago..he never gave her any grieve and always walked right in..this day he pulled back, reared up and went over backwards..he was dead and only a tiny rock under his head! :no: We ask why this happens?....I guess GOD only knows! Something better for Kyan, and know that you gave him the Best home and Loved him so very much. I am sending prayers
default_pray.gif
: to you and your family...

and

BIG

HUGS too

Jenny

So very sorry to hear of your tragic loss.....prayers to you and your family..
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Oh no! I am so sorry for your loss. :no:

Sending hugs and condolences your way.

Latest posts

Back