Getting auction mare, saved from slaughter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MistysOwner

Reaction score
ok, so i am rescueing a mini mare through Another Chance 4 Horses and she is reported to possibly be infoal. can any of you tell by these pics and the video if she's pregnant? also can someone tell me her color? i think she's palomino but i'm not sure.

AngelAtBrokers1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The picture is way too small and no way can anybody tell from the video. You really need your Vet to do an exam and get an Idea of how far along she is. Have you rescued her from an auction? She very pretty! Oppps! I just re-read the title which says you rescued her from an auction. Which auction?

Your pictures didn't work.
default_sad.png

Joyce

Last edited by a moderator:
The picture is way too small and no way can anybody tell from the video. You really need your Vet to do an exam and get an Idea of how far along she is. Have you rescued her from an auction? She very pretty! Oppps! I just re-read the title which says you rescued her from an auction. Which auction?
Your pictures didn't work.
default_sad.png

Joyce

ok, i just fixed the link. i think she came from the new holland auction, it's somewhere in pensylvania.

I live near New Holland auction.... WAY too many horses are sent to the killer pen. Auctions are every Monday big horses, ponies and minis.... I wish I could help them all.

I have a friend that just got 2 thoroughbred geldings from the killer pen.... she always sends me videos of the minis going through the sale.

I wish I could bring some home and find new homes for them.

She's a silver dapple w/bald face! looks excactly like my mare right now with the winter woolies. and yes she looks pregnant! congats as she is a pretty mare!

What a beautiful little mare and kudos to you for giving her a loving home. I'm no help on the pregnancy speculation, she does look pretty filled out but your vet should be able to help you there.

She looks pregnant to me.."the word looks is not to be mistaken for 100% medicaly sure".. but she could be full of worms...if thats the case check with the vet on how to get rid of the worms "safely", if you give a mega dose wormer she could get impacted from the worm count. Wee foal is simple to use and very accurate (pregnancy test) Lots of minis end up in the slaughter house, I am glad you made a difference in this girls life. I would consult with a vet with her first , before you make decisions on her feed, de wormer, and shots because you dont have a history on her, the advice here ...although sometimes correct , is not from a conservative medical background, just personal expierence, mine included .

krissy

I live near New Holland auction.... WAY too many horses are sent to the killer pen. Auctions are every Monday big horses, ponies and minis.... I wish I could help them all. I have a friend that just got 2 thoroughbred geldings from the killer pen.... she always sends me videos of the minis going through the sale.

I wish I could bring some home and find new homes for them.

YEP...makes me sick to my stomach... most of them there because their owners did not socialize them or train them correctly, or didnt want to pay for deserved retirement , because of this no one wants them....except the Europeans, on their dinner table.I wish people were more aware of this situation.
default_no.gif

Well done, just hope you did not pay too much (or the original rescuers did not pay too much) as I really think this is a bit of a scam on the KB's part.

Still you have her and kudos to you for that.

Your little mare I doubt is Palomino, I think she is a Sabino Silver Black....any chance of finding out what she is bred to??

Well done, just hope you did not pay too much (or the original rescuers did not pay too much) as I really think this is a bit of a scam on the KB's part.Still you have her and kudos to you for that.

Your little mare I doubt is Palomino, I think she is a Sabino Silver Black....any chance of finding out what she is bred to??

i have no clue what she's bred to, hopfully it's something with a good temperament and decent conformation. i may have paid a little to much but it's worth it in the end
default_wub.png

I think the only way to know if she is pregnant or not is to have a vet look at her. I have a mare that was bred young and when she is in her winter woolies always looks pregnant. You know, that brood mare belly. My mare is not. I had her vet checked.

Latest posts

Back