Fort Worth Stock Show- mini show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinisOutWest

Reaction score
Well, I just got back last night from the Fort Worth Stock Show. We all had a blast! but just had to dodge all the Gypsy Horse kicking hind feet. They mixed our show with the Gypsy Show. BAD IDEA.... But when all was said and done. I had a blast. There were spectators everywhere, if my 2 boys had less than 200 pictures an hour taken of them, I would be amazed. The crowds loved the minis. And especially the kids. It was a bit chilly in the barns, so I clipped out front of the stall barn in the sun. I had tons of people watching out there too. It was fun to talk to the people and listen to the little kids say how cute 'the little baby pony' was. ha ha I am hoping to submit a few suggestions for next years show and draw a bigger show crowd, let me see what I can do. But over all , it was a neat show, especially when it is the first show of the year and we forgot half our stuff at the stalls or at home- because we have been off for a few months from showing, ha ha ha. My Dukey Doo did great and so did my new boy- Finn. I will post pics when I get them.

Glad you had a GREAT Time Angie ~ I am SURE you showed them some beautiful mini's and did us proud in the ring
default_smile.png

Congratulations on a Great Show and Glad you were promoting US
default_saludando.gif

Janice Silvio

Amore' MIniatures

Where is the Ft Worth show - the address?

I have friends that live in Ft Worth but they have never heard of the miniature horse Fort Worth Stock Show, was hoping to tell them where it is!

Congrats to all
default_aktion033.gif

Hi Desiree,

The AMHA Miniature Horse show is held during the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo at the Will Rogers Coliseum.. The stock show's website: www.fwss.com. The Ft Worth Stock show and Rodeo is the longest running Stock Show in the US. Starts the middle of January and runs to the first weekend in February. If your friends take the Star Telegram, there is ton of coverage and is advertised on the tv and radio.

Karen

Hi Desiree,
The AMHA Miniature Horse show is held during the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo at the Will Rogers Coliseum.. The stock show's website: www.fwss.com. The Ft Worth Stock show and Rodeo is the longest running Stock Show in the US. Starts the middle of January and runs to the first weekend in February. If your friends take the Star Telegram, there is ton of coverage and is advertised on the tv and radio.

Karen

Thanks Karen!

I went Saturday (as a spectator), but the minis didn't start showing until well after I had to be home to care for my guys. I did get to see some of the early arrivals, though.

I was disappointed that the Heritage Sale that's been held there every year was cancelled this year. I heard several different possible reasons, but no one seemed to really know why.

Those Gypsy Horses are pretty cool. I don't know about showing the little ones at the same time, though. They do strange things there sometimes (the Stock Show management, I mean.)

I didn't stay as long as I would have liked, but I took my Nikon D80 with me and got a bunch of photos--some of which I'll even keep!

Latest posts

Back