Fort Worth Mini horse auction this Saturday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinRTrueJoy

Reaction score
Now, remember I am a little challenged computer wise and nervous about this. I have never bid on any auction, let a lone one that is live on the internet. Can someone take me by the hand and tell me what I need to do,step by step??

Thanks,

Robin

Robin, you can get information from the marestare website here Breeders Winter Classic

That should tell you everything you need to know.

But of course, you have to tell all of us who you are going to bid on??????
default_yes.gif

does anyone know how it works... is it like ebay and the owner has a starting bid and the bids go up from there,...say for example minimal bid is 1000 and I bid $5000(I didn't, this is hypothetical)... on ebay if some one else bid $1500 and no more, then I would get the horse for $1500?? since I was high bidder.... is that how it works? I know, DUH! Sorry, I never thought about doing this before.

Robin

At a horse auction, here are the three steps:

1. sit on your hands

2. put your fingers in your ears

3. repeat after me: I don't need another horse, I don't need another horse, I don't need another horse

default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png

Robin,

You will need to contact Toni Reece at Reece Family Miniatures or Jana Nichols at Double Diamond and get a bidders number before the sale.

Then when you are watching on marestare you will want to call like 1 horse before your horse that you are interested in comes up. You will be talking to whoever takes the calls for the phone bidders. They will start the bidding at whatever price starts. You will bid then if someone out bids you you will bid again. Back and forth like that. Then if you reach your limit and don't want to go any further you tell the person that you are done. If you win they will take your information and contact you after the sell.

Good Luck

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
If it were me, I might want to call 3 horses ahead of time. Some times horses go through fast and not knowing how many phones they'll have in operation, you don't want to get a busy signal and miss the horse! Better safe than sorry!

Fingers crossed for you!

And remember that there is a delay of a few seconds when watching. I missed out on one at the Reece sale - because I was thinking about it - then called - and the horse just sold. So - if you are really wanting a particular horse - then make sure you call well in advance.

And let us know who you bought!!!!!!!

I will be doing like chanda says - sitting on my hand and watching - just watching!!!

Yes, there is definately a delay - so you need to have a really good connection on the phone with someone who can keep you posted - listening for what is happening on the web will be too late (might not be a bad idea to let the person on the phone know what your limit is as well)

Hi Robin. I think it would be very appropriate if you should manage to find your new boy through the sale on Saturday, as the lovely Dragon flies into the UK at approx 3.30am (uk time) Saturday morning!

Our lorry is standing in the yard right now, filled with bouncy straw - both in his compartment, and in the rest of the open space, in case he should want to have a small walk round/roll/stretch, when we stop at regular intervals on the way home to give him a break from the moving vehicle - buckets for water, hay for small amounts when we pause the journey, plus some food cubes (just a very small handful as a treat), rugs just in case he feels chilly etc etc!! Then there is food for the humans, coffee and tea, sleeping bags and duvets. The on board generator has been refilled with fuel, the gas cylinder for cooking and heating is a new one. DVD's are ready for the TV, and the on board horse camera has been checked.

Now have we forgotten anything??? Not bothered to fill the water tanks for the shower - humans can go dirty for 2 days LOL!! Lorry has had oil, water and tyre check. Money for fuel and airport charges/taxes is hidden on board - secret place, cant tell you where!

So think we are READY!! Leaving tonight and travelling overnight for Scotland. Tomorrow is for sleeping and resting, as we will then be awake all night Friday/Saturday, waiting to greet him with open arms as he steps onto UK soil!

GOLLY WE ARE JUST SO EXCITED
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Cant believe he will be HERE AT LAST!!

Thank you Robin.

Anna

Oh Anna, I hope that you will be happy with Dragon. He is such a great little guy. Please give him a hug for me. He is missed very much here.

Finally arriving. You are on your way. Must be so exciting.I am very happy for you, and Dragon too, He will love your farm!

Yes, somehow, it would be appropriate that Dragon's successor would be found on the day he arrives to you.

Wouldn't that be something??? A new horse will have such big(tiny really) shoes to fill.

Please let me know when you can, that Dragon arrived safely.

Will be on pins and needles here! Like you too I imagine!!

Your friend,

Robin

I think Fort Worth is an hour earlier thAN nj. iTS 4PM HERE AND 3PM THERE. i GUESS i SHOULD GO ON THE COMPUTER BEFORE 11 AM HERE RIGHT??

Robin

Rest assured my friend you will be the first to know that his long journey is over and he's safe and sound.

Good luck on Saturday, hope you strike lucky.

Anna

Another thing to remember Robin, is that they always start out the bidding high. Wait a bit before you start bidding on that horse. After no one bids, they will drop the horse down (sometimes a couple of times) and start the bidding lower. It always seems to go back up after people start bidding, but why start at the high price? Good Luck on what you bid on and remember we want to know what you get
default_biggrin.png

Baer Creek

It is NOT like E-bay! What ever price you give to the person on the phone is the AMOUNT YOU ARE BIDDING! So if you tell that person you bid $5,000, and the horse was originally at $1,000, it automatically goes to $5,000! It doesn't go go the next bid increment. For example, say you are on Ebay and an item is at $10. You want to bid, but your limit is $20. You put your bid in, but the item only goes up the next bid increment. It may be $11 or $15, but may not your full $20. THAT'S NOT HOW A LIVE AUCTION WORKS!!! WHAT YOU BID IS WHAT THE AUCTIONEER TAKES AS YOUR BID.

They always start out high, could be as high as $50,000, etc, but then quickly goes down to whatever the first bidder feels is a good starting bid. Could be $500, could be $1,000, depending on the value of the horse. Then the horse sells for as long as there are bids. The bid increments will vary. If the horse's value is going up quickly, the auctioneer could choose to go at $1,000 increments. As the bidding slows down, the increments typically go down, usually not much less than $25.00. So if the bidding is slowing at $5,000, the auctioneer may starting taking bids at $5,025 or $5,100. The agent on the phone will come back to the phone bidder at what the asking bid is. If you want to bid, tell t hem yes. They usually give you a minute to decide, but if the horse has been selling for a few minutes, they may not wait for you. If you don't want to bid, decline. Usually the auctioneer will say something like "All Done" or "I'm going to sell him!". Going once, going twice, SOLD, something along those lines. If you are the high bidder, you've bought a horse!

Be VERY CAREFUL - KNOW WHAT YOUR LIMIT IS! Bidding is very exciting, and it's easy to go "Just another time" and end up several thousand over what you had planned on bidding!!

GOOD LUCK!

Latest posts

Back