Foal Announcement for Sarah and Dianne!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margaret

Reaction score
This foal was born by Dianne and Sarah's Buckskin mare last week, that was crossed with my Stallion.

They said it was ok to post him.

He's not short on the friendliness factor, so it was challenging trying to get good photos.

He also has some intresting green eyes .

They are wondering if this is what a Smokey creme color looks like,

So if anyone has opinions about his color, feel free to share.
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks!

coltface2.jpg

jubileefoal3.jpg

jubileecolt6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw, what a cutie. With the dark skin, I'd say he's palomino. A smokey creme would have pink skin and blue eyes. Any chance he could have Champagne? I think I read that they can have green eyes when they are foals, but I can't remember for sure.

I don't know what he is for color but he's sure a beautiful colt.

Thanks Chandab,
default_rolleyes.gif
I was wondering how to tell the difference.

I never thought of Palomino, but your probably right.

His sire is a Classic (Black Based)Champagne, so I know he must have a black gene.

Any chance he could have Champagne?
no,-If he were Champagne, he would have had to have the bright blue eyes at birth, and he didnt.

Thanks Marnie,
default_saludando.gif
Its always fun to see what these horses can produce, isnt it?

Handsome colt!! If he is not some shade of champagne, then I would say silver buckskin. I think he looks to have the "sheen" of a champagne. I thought they can have green eyes?

What a gorgeous foal
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

He wouldn't be smokey cream with the dark pigment to his skin, but I would think either silver buckskin or champagne... either are beautiful on him!!!
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

Congratulations all around
love0075.gif

I think he looks to have the "sheen" of a champagne. I thought they can have green eyes?
Thanks Mona, yes, I think- all Champagnes have to start out with bright blue eyes- then they can go green after that.

Also they must have very pink skin at birth too.

Ok, silver buckskin is a possibility, so we might have that too. (He does have a golden hue to him also.)

Thanks Jill,
default_saludando.gif
We would have liked him to be Champagne, as this cross did give a 50% chance for that.

but he was missing the required pink skin color at birth, so I quit thinking of that.

Anyway,- you-all might have something with the silver-buckskin thought.
default_yes.gif

I'm thinking silver buckskin too!!!
default_yes.gif
Very beautiful boy no matter what the color!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Congratulations
default_saludando.gif

Thanks all, It seems like a toss up beyween Palomino and Silver Buckskin, lol..
default_laugh.png

I only have one other photo that may help show his skin tones, and eye color if it helps, but we may have to test.

He looks just a bit mischevious here...
default_rolleyes.gif

jubileefoalface.jpg

Mary, Have you shown his pics to CS yet? He sure looks like he "might" be champagne...as least in that first set of pics on pg 1, LOL. No matter what color he turns out to be though, he sure is a handsome boy! SUPER CONGRATS!
default_wub.png

Yes Tanya, and we did show Carolyn with the ICHR, and her first guess was Palomino, even with the odd eye color.

Then it was mentioned that the eye color can be solely caused from being any form of dilute.

Since we are still wondering, Carolyn suggests to test for Red factors, agouti, cream and silver.

That should tell us whats in the mix we hope.
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks and ttyl
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back