Fly's /and Eyes!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margaret

Reaction score
I have a mini that is good at removing his fly mask -especially when I'm not around to put it back on.. In our climate the flys are still quite pesky, and I would like to use something safe around the eye area, that wont irritate the skin. Do you have any more natural suggesstions? I really dont like to use the spray-n-wipe all the time, and am wanting something more mild, but effective enough to keep the flies away. Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary,

I have not tried this but have a friend that says it works great!

Mix mild citronella oil and baby oil, apply to a clean rag, and apply to your horse's face around its eyes. nose and ears.

Thanks Donna,
aktion033.gif
...I should have just e-mailed you
laugh.gif
. Since no one responded earlier, I ended up putting my petrolium lip jelly all around his eyes to see if that would help.
laugh.gif
His eyes looked better but the flies were still landing all around. I think I remember someone else once mentioning on another post -"Skin So Soft" also as a deterrant for flies,- but I think thats an Avon product, and I would need to locate a distributator for that. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back