Flames due early September :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
default_smile.png
I'm going to atempt to make my own polar fleece foal blankets with velcro chest and tummy strap and I haven't decided if I should put little leg straps on or not ?? I have no idea how big/small I should make them, I'm going to do 3 sizes because I'm unsure of what size the foal will be, can someone please help me out with measurements of their newborn foal blankets please?
default_smile.png
also any pictures of handmade ones please
default_smile.png
thanks in advance!

Sue

I don't have leg straps on mine. Bought one blanket from the store that had leg straps and ended up removing them. The velcro foal jackets fit really well and mine have never slipped. Here's a photo of a handmade one on my foal. I have two sizes - very small and small but my mares are tiny.

2013june8thkatiesavannah 014.JPG

Thank you so much
default_smile.png
I just found out that the foals father has really weird markings he's a Paintaloosa, he looks like one horse from one side and another from the other side.. I'll ask the lady now if I can put a pic up on here, the horse I thought it was was a beautiful black and white paint, oh well I'm sure I'll love him or her to bits
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I got permission yay
default_smile.png
this is Kinvara Gallianos Split Decision the father of flames foal, he is the same horse in every photo lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And this is flames Dad 'Silver Star Golden Chance' in paddock condition but he's still

beautiful
default_smile.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What a beautifully unique Pintaloosa! Just stunning! Oooooowwwwww, you know that this means it's possible for this little one to inherit some SPOTS!!!

Her daddy is a handsome boy, too!

I wasn't sure at first but he's growing on me lol she told me he was a Paintaloosa so I googled it and there it was
default_smile.png
I'm not sure about all the pink around his eye and nose, I hope my little one doesn't inherit that but both flame and splash have the bi eyes blue and brown. Chance has had some beautiful foals to different mares, flames the only odd one out, I'll post some pics I'm not sure if splash has fathered any foals yet I'll have to find out
default_smile.png

Here in the states, they are called/registered as Pintaloosas. Your little one will most likely not inherit the heavy mottling and sclera he's showing, but hopefully she'll show us she inherited some appy genes from daddy.

Yeah we have pintaloosas too... I'd never heard of a Paintaloosa until just b4 I posted the pic lol it must be a new modern day thing
default_smile.png

Love the look of Daddy - very handsome!! And little Zephyr is a real cutie.
default_thumbup.gif

WOW daddys markings are so very unique!! I've seen plenty of pintaloosas but never like that!!

Just checking in
default_smile.png
hope everyone is well?

There have been some beautiful new foals born
default_smile.png
congrats!

It's all so exciting & just an incy bit overwhelming
default_smile.png

Here's some pics of flame over the last few days.

She's about 183 + days so we have a loooong way to go

(Sorry about the sideways pics)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

She's looking fabulous! LOVE that picture with the special little one! How sweet is that !

Yes Flame was very friendly that day she was following my daughter Kelsie around everywhere like she was protecting her it was so cute
default_smile.png
I love it when she's not moody
default_smile.png

Back