First pony mare to foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hhpminis

Reaction score
Otis Orchards, Washington (just east of Spokane)
OK, I have foaled out many mini mares and they all seem to go around the 320-330 day for me with a few exceptions either way.

This is my first larger mare to foal out and am wondering if in your experience the gestation is longer on the larger mares.

She is not a maiden but I really dont know her history as she has had several owners in her short life. She is 313 today and has a small bag but I can express fluid already without much effort, it is still clear, not amber yet but is slightly sticky. Rear end looks tight still but not much tail resistance. However she has been driven so is used to having her tail lifted and may just not fight it.

I was thinking that she would go a bit more than my smaller mares but am wondering after today. BTW she is 37.5 inches tall.

Thanks

I have one mare that consistently foals at 330 days (strangly enough she's my largest mare at 45 inches......) but the majority seem to go anywhere from 335 to 345. Longest I've had one go is 352 days.

I have one that is 339 today and looks like she could have a few days to go yet.

Latest posts

Back