FINALLY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bannerminis

Reaction score
It Finally arrived here yesterday. I am so excited and cant wait till Sunny is ready but he is coming along really well so I am sure it wont be too long.

Excuse the pics but its still screwed to the pallet so havent put on the shafts yet. Will try to get it done over the weekend.

BenningtonCartarrivedMarch1st2011002.jpg

BenningtonCartarrivedMarch1st2011001.jpg

Wow, great looking cart!

You could put it out on the lawn as a lawn ornament until your mini is ready
default_smile.png

Beautiful!

Thankyou. Although I think it would be an expensive lawn ornament and I have a couple of dogs that might think its their chew toy
default_biggrin.png

I am hoping though that Sunny will be ready in a couple of wks. I still have a few things to do with him but he does everything like he has done it before so I am really hopeful but wont be taking any chances.

LOVE it! I have the 'original' Bennington mini horse cart, which is similar, but larger, and I LOVE it, but if I weren't an ocean away, I'd move Heaven and earth to get one like you got, too! The freight for an ocean crossing and THEN a crossing of most of the US is just a KILLER expense now.

Do keep us posted; looking forward to pictures when you get to hook it up and drive!!

Congratulations on a great acquisition!!

Margo

Those little curved pieces are the ends of the rein rail. The traces attach to the singletreee, which is just barely visible at the very bottom of the second photo.
mini%20magnum%20on%20shaft%20stand%20l.jpg

This photo from the Bennington website shows the singletree quite clearly about 6 inches below the shaft attachment.

Yes, the lowered draught(draft), due to the low placement of the singletree is yet another 'plus' of this cart, IMO.

I see that they also seem to have gone to torsion bar suspension, and a more 'basic' shaft shape, than on the 'original design' Bennington mini cart. If memory serves, this cart is advertised at only about 78 lbs. in weight, + or -, whereas the original design is right in the range of numerous competitors, at @ 110 lbs.

The folks at Bennington have years of experience in horsedrawn vehicle design, and it shows!

Margo

Thanks everyone I am so pleased with it. I am dreaming about driving now but hopefully it will soon be a reality
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back