Eastern Regional Results!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J&HMinis

Reaction score
I just arrived home at 1am this morning from the AMHA Eastern Regionals. I am so proud of my two horses! They did so wonderful, in the ring and out! It was very hot and humid, but still so much fun! So many beautiful horses and nice people!

Results for my Sr. Mare Gold Dust:

Friday she took 3rd in Adult Showmanship (I blew the pattern and forgot to back up, but she was dead on everything! So proud of her, I let her down)

5th Amateur Sr. Mares Level 1

Then for fun, I tried her in Obstacle...... So in Open Obstacle she took a 3rd and in Amateur Obstacle she took RESERVE Champion!!!! Not bad for our first time! She is just so smart it blows my mind! Saturday she did Liberty and didn't want to move too far from me, she looked beautiful, but wouldn't use the whole ring. Later she took 6th in Multi-Color Mares. Sunday we took Reserve Champion in Amateur Showmanship! Then she went in Youth 13-18 Sr. Mares and took 3rd! I am just so proud of this mare!

Results for my Jr. Gelding, Bondini:

Friday he went RESERVE Champion Amateur Jr. Geldings Level 1! What a feeling! Saturday he did liberty and had an awesome run but decided a minute and a half wasn't enough time to have fun and we DQ'd.
default_sad.png
Little brat! LOL Sunday he went 3rd in Weanling/Yearling Geldings with James Walsh and then 9th in Multi-Color Stallions and Geldings. He also got a 3rd in Youth Jr. Geldings 13-18.

We decided to stay over Sunday night and drivr back early Monday morning. Well, in NY about 8:30 PM we broke down :eek: Finally we were towed at MIDNIGHT! We settled the horses in the trailer for the night at the Ford dealer we were towed too and headed for a hotel. Luckily, the dealer had a security guard on the property and kept an eye on them for us. So along with the trailer being locked, I felt better about having him there too. Yesterday we stayed at the dealer until 7pm until the truck was fixed, then we were finally on out way home! I arrived to my own comfy bed ay 1am! I have to say that the Ford Dealer (Metro Ford in NY) was amazing, they took a truck from the lot that had a 5th wheel hitch and they moved the trailer into a unused bayso the horses wouldn't be in the sun. They also gave us extension cords so we could plug in our fans and they got us more water. The minis were the hit of the day there, Sales people kept stopping in to see and pet them
default_smile.png

So, I'm so glad to be home and I'm still trying to absorb how well we did!

Wow, sounds like you had a tough trip home, glad you got such good help. Congrats on a great show, here is a picture I took of you and your mare. Kris Padula had asked me to take some of you in obstacle, this is the one I liked the best.

GoldDust.jpg

Wow! Sorry about the breakdown, but you sure had a great show! :aktion033: I wish I'd gotten a chance to meet you! Maybe at the World show?
default_yes.gif
:

Awe Jody!
default_wub.png
: THANK YOU!!!!!!! I love it! Do you mind if I add it to my website?

Congratulations Heather on a great Regionals!

Sorry about the breakdown, but glad you are all safely home.

Cindy

Heather..CONGRATULATIONS on a great show!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

I am sorry you had the breakdown but it sounds like you were being taken good care of!! That was really nice of the dealership to look out for the horses so well....
default_yes.gif
:

I missed the entire show..was hoping to come and visit on friday but got called in to work 1/2 the day when another girl had to go home sick. :eek:

Email me about the obstacle class...I am so curious..I have ALWAYS wanted to try that class...guess it stems from my years working obedience with dogs, but it is so interesting and SOMEDAY I will manage to give it a try!! [i am having Twister gelded] So, any hints and tips would be so appreciated!!
default_wub.png
:

Sure Heather, feel free to use it, and BTW, I burned a cd with all the pictures and gave it to Kris, so ask her for a copy.

Latest posts

Back