Driving boots for A sized minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MPR

Reaction score
I think I've found all the available boots for minis and none of them are made small enough. My horse has little hooves. They are only 2 5/8" wide. All the boots are for a mini with a little over 3" wide hooves. Is there any boot I've missed or am I just out of luck?
default_wacko.png
:

I too was looking for boots for my A mini also and the only thing that I found that worked a little bit are from Starlake take...they look like Sandals (leather soles with nylon straps and a buckle....they are okay for walking...just make sure they are very tight :bgrin

Champ

Try "horse sneakers" website. Am sure you can google it. I have been to the website, just not lately--they are in AZ, will custom make hoofboots to your measurements; the boots can even be resurfaced. They are pricey, as I recall, but sound like a good possible choice, esp. when nothing else will do.

(I have been able to 'work on' a set of older Pony sized Easy Boots[they don't make a 'Miniature' size, even though some miniature supply websites advertize them as such; the 'Pony' size IS their smallest, and start at @ 3 1/8" X 3 3/8"--- ]. By shortening the heel strap permanently, and placing some 'bushing' inside in the form of a piece of vinyl padding, I have used these on several of my 33-34" horses. It still isn't perfect-they will occasionally come off, so need to be 'watched' -but have helped when the road is 'gravelly'...)

If you do try them, please come back and share your experiences with them!

Margo

I think someone on this forum made driving boots form children's tennis shoes.

I can't remember who, but they looked like they would work.

I tried to do a search but came up emtpy handed.

can anyone remember??

We have very rocky areas here and a lot of minis that come here are not use to the condition. So to help them over come this and as a preventive measure when we take long walks we use the following suggestion a friend gave us.

We would measure the hoof and then go to "Build a Bear Store" and purchased several Teddy Bear Shoes. The construction is rather good. Becuase of the mini's weight I will take them to a shoe repair place and have them add an additional sole to the bottom. These have worked very well for us.

Hope this helps.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

My mini isn't sensitive on gravel at all. I just need the boots because it seems that his hoof doesn't grow as fast as he's wearing it off from driving. I need something that won't fall off during driving. So I think I'll go with the custom made horsesneakers. These don't look like sneakers at all. They look like driving boots.

My driving trainer also mentioned that an endurance rider friend of hers swears by something called Boa Boots, and apparently they are made in custom sizes. You might google it.

Leia

Yes, I have been using the buyild a Bear boots too. I put a bit of "mole-skin" on the heel area as well, just to be sure they don't rub the heel bulb.

Latest posts

Back