Diva update so excited

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone here are some pictures to share with you

of our little girl Diva pulling her cart with my daugter and a friend in it.

IMG_0261.JPG

Diva was going down hill here so traces was loose and breacher was working

IMG_0258.JPG

this was on a flater part of the road

how does it look to you.

i am not sure of the shafts, they seam a little high but wanted your input.

Thanks

Awesome!!

I agree, need to drop the shaft carriers maybe two holes and tighten the wrap strap to compensate. And now I see the breeching - yes, raise it a bit.

She looks good, though. AND you guys look like you are having a blast! Good for you.

Ok I will go up another hole on the breacher

I put three new ones in it so I had options to adjust

And will drop the tugs down as well

I have had to make changes on this harness

Some was way to big so I made smaller .

Others like the head stall just fits

At least this year we don't have six foot plus snow.

Last year it was a high as my green house roof

. As long as it is not to cold we try to have some fun together

Can't wait for spring. Hands hurt after a short time out side

So we don't get to play for long

your hands - silk glove liners (think police or military websites OR ski-ing?), chemical hand and foot warmers also. Also - research Undar Armor products - they have a lot out there - wick sweat away and keep warm - very light weight (yep, can also get expensive!). And different products to wrap around your face/head - either under (might require a larger one) or over your helmets. Of course you may already be using all that - I don't know.

Have you considered getting sled runners for your cart? That would be soooo cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about the sled runners , and I may get some in a year or so. We will see how much we get to go out

In the winter to see if the cost would be worth it.

I wear gloves, and hats so all that is exposed is my face, and I may get a face mask as well.

I don't have very good circulation in my hands and feet so they can't take the cold as much.

I also had them frost bit a little when I was in the army so that even double layer gloves don't keep

Them warm for long. I can't drive with heavy gloves so I wear the knit and felt ones that I can feel

The reins through.

It gets realy cold here, if it is below 20 it is to cold for me to do to much for long.

We work with the weather so that we can sill have fun even if only for short times aday.

Some thoughts on circulation: L-Argenine, and Pycnogenol. Do a web search or go down to your local health food supplement store. Helped circulation in my legs a great deal.

Haven't read all the posts...but sounds so much like us and our wee one Orion when we started out last year! We are having a blast with him now...it's like he was doing this forever! I used to ride dressage, so the harness and cart stuff is still a learning curve, but we have such great support out here...I had NO idea there were that many drivers out in our area, we are having so much fun!

Enjoy!!

Diva is doing great, she is realy smart, a lot of her commands are verble now, expecialy her woe.

We have to be careful with that one. If we mess up and say woe when she is at a fast trot or canter she stops on a dime.

We have to remember to say easy for her to slow down and transition her down to a walk before we stop.

She still has a lot of muscle to build yet. But she is getting stronger .

Latest posts

Back