Dapples on foal color?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammy Breckenridge

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I clipped my 9 week old colt this past weekend and low and behold the boy is slap covered in dapples. His momma is a silver dapple pinto ( she only has a few "star" like dapples and his dad is a buckskin pinto with no dapples) Jr. as we call him a silver dapple pinto heavly dappled with classic round dapples. Do you think he will keep his dapples?

Thanks

I bet he will. I can't wait to see him. Will he be coming to Newton County?

I havent decided, Laura. After april's disaster I am think about only bringing 1 at a time. I still get panic attacks just loading Ian in the trailer to take him to UGA for his rechecks.

You can't ask questions like this with no picures!!!!!!
default_impatient.jpg

I havent decided, Laura. After april's disaster I am think about only bringing 1 at a time. I still get panic attacks just loading Ian in the trailer to take him to UGA for his rechecks.
I totally understand. Well, at least bring pics. We'll be taking Lorrie's big trailer so all three boys can fit.

Hard to tell with Silver Blacks.......most will show dapples by 2 - 3 months old. They will probably get more & more prominent until winter. When the winter coats come in....the dapples are harder to see. Silver Blacks will change shades with the seasons. Some Silver Blacks will keep their dapples their whole lives. Others will progress to more of a solid "chocolate" or "taupe" color with silver manes & tails. Time will tell.
default_wink.png

I totally understand. Well, at least bring pics. We'll be taking Lorrie's big trailer so all three boys can fit.
\\PICS< PICS

Where are the PICS???????

default_sad.png

Lildrummer LOL

Latest posts

Back