Congress Questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetOpal

Reaction score
Ok Im seriously considering going to Congress, however I have never shown any of my ponies. I have been to Nationals and have been showing the minis. I have 5 that I would like to take, some are foundation some are classic. I have an 8 year old daughter who shows, we are planning on going to some pony shows before Congress. How large are the youth classes at Congress for the 8-12 age? If anyone has any experiences that they would like to share when they went for their first year I would love to hear! Anything I should be aware of? Differences, pros, and cons?

CONGRESS IS A BLAST!!! Especially for the kids as they have a great youth program with games, etc for the kids to participate all during congress. They divide them into teams and do jr judging, trivia contests etc. At then end they give out some very nice youth award trophies. I usually help Sandy Grabow with the kids but not sure i can go this year. Last year unfortunately youth counts were down from the year before. So the youth classes are not NEARLY AS big like at nationals.

For sure i would get out to some local shows especially if you have never shown a pony. It is a lot different then showing a mini.

I have never been to nationals but I have heard that Congress is much more laid back then Nationals. Last year I think the horse count at Congress was right around 530. They are hoping that moving congress to a bigger facility will help get more entries. Only time will tell if that worked!

Also its a very friendly group and people are always willing to help. They have a big pot luck supper put on by sharraway and fiddlestyxs that is just a blast and the best bbq you will have.

Kay

Latest posts

Back