Congress question?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamweaver

Reaction score
OK, I know I could find the info if I looked hard enough, but I thought I would just ask!

What are the show requirements to attend Congress. AMHR Nationals is two show, four judges, any classes you would like to enter. Is it the same for Congress?

I am planning on showing several Shetlands and attend my first Congress this year. I have shown shetlands before, but only local or at Pinto World. So, I am excited. I wil be bringing out my frame overo stallion, Gemini for the first time as a foundation Shetland and performance horse.

stallions_Van%20Lo%27s%20Sample%20the%20Dream_3.jpg

My kids were totally excited until they learn the ASPC rules about youth & stallions, then they were bummed! LOL!

We are also going to be showing JMS new ASPC stallion "Bo". We think he is going to be awesome in the ring!

2_1_-360x272.jpg

We are planning on showing a few of Flying A's ASPC boys as well! How exciting!

You will have a blast! Im kinda sad that they moved it from illinois but i have heard that the st louis facility is very nice. they have tons of activities for kids but they have to enter before the show. We have gone the last 3 years and Im hoping to go this year also

Rob is right. You do not need to qualify for Congress. You will enjoy Congress. It is very different from Nationals. Fortunately it is closer to us this year in St. Louis rather than Illinois. They have the same youth activities as Nationals - judging, teams, etc. Look forward to seeing you guys around this season. Good luck!

Well....THAT explains why the Pony classes are not always so full!!

Thanks for the info guys, We are all excited to be showing these handsome men and we think Congress will be a lot of fun!

Hi to All:

Sharrway Farm and Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands will also host their annual pot luck luncheon on thursday at noon. This year we will be doing something different. A true Texas "Fiesta" meal so start thinking about what you will be bringing this year.

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands

Burleson Texas

Karen I hope to experience Congress this year also, but will have to see with how the job situation is right now.

Latest posts

Back