Congress ?, concerning Foundation horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS Miniatures

Reaction score
Ok I have a question concerning Foundation horses and this has to do with Congress. Right now my horse is 39.50". The height limit for Foundation yearling is 40". If he unfortunatly gets taller than 40" will they let me switch him to Classic? Would he do better in Classic or Foundation anyways?

56809eddiehalter.JPG.jpg

56809eddiepretty.JPG.jpg

56809eddiehead.JPG.jpg

56809eddietrot2.JPG.jpg

if he was mine i would show him as a classic. To me hes not heavy enough boned to show in foundation.

Hi Jamie,

First to compete in the Foundation division your horses papers must carry the Foundation Seal. All horses will be measured at Congress and if your pony measure's out the first time, you can have his feet done and have him remeasured. If he measure's out of the Foundation division then he would be shown as a Classic in the Classic Under division.

You can go to my website: http://www.fiddlestixponyfarm.com and see our Foundation Gelding, Fiddlestix Black Hawk who won the Foundation Futurity as a yearling last year. He has all of his grands towards his Halter Hall of Fame and we are only finishing out points. He measures right at 41" as a two year old.

Good Luck and look forward to seeing you at Congress!

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands

Burleson Texas

Last edited by a moderator:
With a foundation seal, he can show as either a foundation or a classic. He just cannot do both at the same show. He is a beautiful little guy. Good luck with him at congress.

Latest posts

Back