Color preferences!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you prefer solids or multi colors?

• Pinto: overo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pinto: tobiano

• Pinto: sabino

• Pinto: multi patterned

• Pinto: any pattern

• Appaloosa: blanket

• Appaloosa: leopard

• Appaloosa: any pattern

• Pintaloosa: any pattern

• Any multicolor is fine by me!

• Solids: dilute colors

• Solids: Non-dilute colors

• Solids: any color

• I'll take them all!

• Solid: Roan

• Multicolor: roan

• Total voters

Field-of-Dreams

Reaction score
Just a fun poll. We all know conformation comes first, but when you breed/buy, do you want a solid or a multi colored horse? All other thing being equal...
default_laugh.png

I think I set it up for mult choice answers....

Lucy

Edited to add roan...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like tobiano pintos with sabino gene. Makes breeding exciting as you don't really know what the foal will be blessed with as far as markings and amount of white.

I'm also a fan of a solid black horse.

My fav is a dilute pinto! But I like the bay/black pintos too! And the tobiano and splash pintos are my favs!

I greatly prefer solid colors and love both cream and silver dilutes. I love white on the face and lower legs, but usually not so much on the body... however, there are some pintos that do really wow me. But for the most part, give me cream dilute solids, and that's what we have primarily in our paddocks. Buckskins, perlinos, and palominos
default_wub.png

Overos here!

I love wild face markings, blue eyes. I prefer darker colored horses the majority of the time. Like them dilutes too, buckskins, palominos, duns.

I do really like a solid horse with white stockings and a white face marking. I guess that makes him not a solid color horse but I am talking no white body marks. I do like a black pinto with big crisp spots of black and white with just a blaze I really do not like a bald face horse. I actually like most solid horses. What I don't like is a Perlino I don't like the creamy almost white with the blue eyes. If I am looking at a palomino, I want it to see a nice golden color. No wishy washy creamy color that almost looks white.

My favorite is not listed.
default_sad.png
I love the roans. The blues are my favorites. We have one blue roan and a medicine hat pinto and a tovero pinto. Oh heck I like them all.
default_biggrin.png

This is fun!

I prefer dilute overo... I have a little bit of everything (except silver). I LOVE a bald face and blue eyes. What I really dislike is solid red and I guess I hate "chocolate silver/silver dapple/silver black", I do however think a silver buckskin (like some of Jill's horses) is very pretty
default_biggrin.png
I would love to add a perlino, blue roan and a buckskin with either overo, splash or sabino markings.

ALL & any Roans!

My fovorite colors are bays & bucksins

I have 7 minis...

3 bays (1 is roaned)

3 buckskins (2 are roaned)

1 silver dapple

Plus I would'nt mind a certian perlino (Samis Soap Suds)
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I greatly prefer solid colors and love both cream and silver dilutes. I love white on the face and lower legs, but usually not so much on the body... however, there are some pintos that do really wow me. But for the most part, give me cream dilute solids, and that's what we have primarily in our paddocks. Buckskins, perlinos, and palominos
default_wub.png

You and I are colour preference twins, Jill
default_biggrin.png

Definitely roans for me! Certain pintos definitely catch my eye, but I'm very picky about my markings!

Loud Marked Appys.

I like any odd coloured and blue eyes, bald face.

I only have 1 leopard appy

2 pintos

2 bays

Love them all.

If wishes were horses, I'd really like to have a black and white frame!
default_yes.gif

I love leopards and pintoloosas. I see a big horse everyday on my way to work that is a bay snow blanketed appaloosa. If only it were a mini! Strangely enough what I own is :

1 blue roan stallion

1 blue eyed bay mare

1 minimal tobiano bay maiden mare

1 sorrel pinto mare

1 grayish/dapple overo frame crystal eyed mare

1 filly probably bay/maybe chestnut under all the wool ????

And they are all beautiful!

I prefer solids, but a good horse is never a bad color! I'll buy a horse of any color as long as the rest of the horse is what I want.

I prefer solids, but a good horse is never a bad color! I'll buy a horse of any color as long as the rest of the horse is what I want.

I agree!!

My preference though is a solid with chrome....legs and some face white!! LOVE!!

I don't really have a color preference. I used to, but I have found a nice horse is a nice horse, and once I start bathing and clipping a color I generally like it. I do tend to go to horses with white on the face and legs, throw in some other color or not <<shrug>>. Since this is mostly what I have I voted pintos, any pattern.

I love solid black horses and hope to have one some day. Or a true black and white pinto. I love grays too!

And of course, how could I not love sorrel and white Pintos, as I have two of those. And our smokey black girl will always be a favorite
default_smile.png

I love cream dilutes, but don't have too many. Palomino has always been my favorite, and I love pintos.

That said I have:

1 palomino half-Arab gelding (27 years)

2 sorrel saddle horses (1 AQHA gelding, 1 APHA mare - they are half-siblings)

1 bay mini stallion

1 silver dapple mini mare

1 silver bay mini mare (pretending to be palomino)

1 sorrel mini mare

1 palomino mini mare

1 black pinto mini mare

1 silver bucksking mini stallion

1 cremello mini mare

1 silver black mini gelding

1 cremello mini filly

I only have 4 cream dilutes out of 10 minis, and only one visual pinto. [Do have a Rowdy great-granddaughter with minimal markings, she had a cremello filly, so don't know if the filly has pinto or not, thought I saw marking her first day or two, but they quickly became impossible to see, if they were there in the first place.] I'm looking to add a palomino pinto mare, if she is still available when I have funds and/or have sold someone.

I LOVE pintos, any pattern!!! I especially like the wild colored ones, and also love blazes, stockings and blue eyes. My favorite "colors" are dilutes (buckskins and palominos) and black based colors. So I'm REALLY happy when one of my mares foals a dilute pinto or a black based pinto!!! I have mares that are palomino, buckskin, palomino pinto, bay, black, bay pinto, sorrel pinto, sorrel and silver dapple, plus stallions that are buckskin pinto and homozygous w/blue eyes sorrel pinto.

Latest posts

Back