Coconut Macaroons..........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oakbrooke Farm

Reaction score
I have read here that the cocunut macaroon cookies are good for diarrhea. Can you tell me how many of these cookies do you give for this? :new_shocked:

Coconut cookies, are actually a old time home remedy, but I do know quit a few forum members have used them and they work, including myself. I usually feed 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening, along with pepto bismol. These are not intended to be used for the 'Hershey squirts" diarrhea,(isnt this a good thread :eek: ) but for when there poop is loose. If they have the diarrhea bad its always best to call your vet before they get dehydrated. Bio-sponge is a good product for that. Corinne

I bet my Bunny wishes she had diarrhea on a regular basis :bgrin

I second the recommendation for BioSponge (made by Platinum Performance). I wouldn't do the macaroon thing. I'm not one for home remedies when it comes to needing to help my animals feel better. They don't have any say in it.

Andrea

:eek: Our horse has a fart problem, he often has a dirty bum , but poop is ok, he would love to think he would get cookies, would this help his problem? :eek:

:eek: Our horse has a fart problem, he often has a dirty bum , but poop is ok, he would love to think he would get cookies, would this help his problem? :eek:
"Fart Problem" LOL!!!! :new_rofl:

My girls have occasional "Fart" problems with poop not involved.

My Stallion "Tooted" all the time when he was breeding...he had quite the beat too
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Chances are your horse got a little farty/poopy with a change of feed??

Bunny is VERY sensitive to changes in hay and gets a bit squirty
default_yes.gif
:

It worked once with a Q.H. mare AND she LOVES them! She gets two a day but it hasn't helped the cow pattie poop this time. I googled and coconut oil is suppose to help IBS too.

Latest posts

Back