Check this video out

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh my goodness! As a driver, that scares the pants off me, and I have had my cart tip over a couple of times! Glad no one was hurt and the horses were ok though

oh god sends shivers down my spine. Brings back anxieties from when wee man got loose witht he cart that stuff is seriosuly scary when you can't do anything.

Ugh its to bad I dont have the nerve to re-drive him after that but hes done 3 thigns liek that for no reason at all I could see teeth floated now havent tried since then but they werent bad. He has such potential to be an amzing driver..
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, ain't that video great?
default_new_shocked.gif
I love the "No, no, no!" and how the camera guy has to scurry out of the way. No, seriously, it's very scary when something like that happens and I'm so glad no one was hurt in that incident. I'm proud of the people who ran in front of the team once it slowed to try and stop them and admire whoever it was that had the nerve to dive in and grab a rein on the leaders. Talk about brave!!
default_aktion033.gif

Did you notice that the left leader didn't have a bridle on anymore? The only thing that stopped him is when his partner stopped it pulled on his neck collar and he chose to swing around and halt rather than continue bolting. What good boys....

I'm told this team successfully drove again.

Leia

Yeah and all this because a four wheeler scared the single horse which then ran into the 4 horse hitch and that hitch bolted right into the house. That is why people ran to them instead of catching the single horse. Just lucky no one was hurt.

I have seen something similar happen at my local fair with a 2 horse hitch of work horses and the owner never let go of the reins even though he was skiing on his feet. Those horses ran full tilt, the wagon was tipped bottom side up. He didn't get hurt and everyone was yelling at him to let the reins go but he never did. He was almost sitting and skiing to try to get them to slow down. He only needed to get a new pair of shoes after. A bunch of other work horse owners ran and helped him grab the reins and got the horses stopped and unhitched them quickly. Another time a single lady's workhorse cart, well the horse jumped the fence, cart and all into the warm up ring where I was riding my arabian mare, Pasos Flame. The driver was being dragged so I went up beside the work horse and grabbed the reins and then some guys came and held the horse while someone else untangle the lady's leg from the reins. She was lucky she just twisted her ankle. Could have been alot worse.

I am glad my 2 driving horses are not scared of to much as I take them everywhere ground driving and have had 4-wheelers, motorcycles and anything scary go by them. I try to get them used to as much as I can ground driving. Sanka, my gelding will just stand there like a good boy even if a firecracker goes off. He doesn't care. I love this gelding considering he has come along way since the day I rescued him in 2003 as a 5 year old unbroke stallion. Now he is my nephew, Andrews' trusted riding pony.
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think its annoying that they tried to stop the horses by screaming and flailing their arms and running around screaming HO!HO!

But that was scary and thank god no one was hurt!
default_yes.gif

Well, as long as you're in front of the horse and your voice is authoritative it's the right thing to do! But if you sound panicked or are to the side or rear of the horse then yes, it's stupid.
default_biggrin.png

Leia

I have seen something similar at a local fair with a heavy horse hitch. The driver in that instance had to be airlifted to the hospital
default_no.gif

[SIZE=12pt]That gave me goose bumps
default_new_shocked.gif
default_unsure.png
. Guess that's why I never got into driving the biggies.... I'm a chicken
default_rolleyes.gif
[/SIZE]

Joy

Latest posts

Back