Cart question?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn R

Reaction score
Is it possible to change the color pinstripes on a cart without repainting the entire cart? I would have it done at a shop that builds carts, but I don't want to sound like a douf. I was just wondering if anyone has ever attempted to have this done?

My pin striping is under a clear coat. I do not think you can get the stripe off with out harming the base coat of color. I think it would be easier to get the cart sand blasted to strip the color and re-paint and stripe. Sounds like a lot if the paint is still good.

I think it would be easier to get the cart sand blasted to strip the color and re-paint and stripe.
I wouldn't sand blast a wooden vehicle. It would pit the wood. Metal, yes, you can sand blast. You need to strip or sand a wood vehicle.

I have not had any luck changing the pinstripes. You have to start over.

Myrna

I changed a pinstripe on a Jerald last year (blue to silver). Under close scrutiny, you can tell but a general walk by or in the ring you cannot. I had someone do it for me and he went a touch wider so it covered well. Of course it is above the clear coat so will scratch easily, but I don't use the cart for anything except the showring.

Thanks for the input. Perhaps I will just touch up the stirrups and the seat rail for now, and send it into the shop in the fall for some sprucing up. It is a Waggoner, in excellant condition. The forum archives was the only place I could find info on them, but they were all good reviews.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back