can I see...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph G

Reaction score
I would really like to see pictures of your aged stallions that have remained slim (the best word I could think of) over the years.

Please include his pedigree along with the picture.

This is our oldest stallion, Valley View Jet Stream

He looks pretty good for his age. as far as slim, humm, not sure about that.

This picture was taken at 23 years of age. He is 25 this year and i will get new photos this summer.

Because he is fat and fuzzy right now LOL

jetstream.jpg

Wish I'd had my camera out on Thursday --- one stallion got out of his field and while coming up for feed :bgrin --we all know the bucket catches them trick!-- he saw and heard another stallion on the other side of my yard. Soooo....there he went to investigate. They sniffed, screamed and took off running, tails flagging, manes flying and a real sight to behold.
default_wub.png
: They were showing off nicely.

When they returned to the starting gate
default_wink.png
: , I walked over and caught Amego (will be 20 in April) and led him away from his challenger, Sir (who will be 23 in March). Both the old guys politely obliged my wishes, ate dinner and probably dreamed of younger days that night! Didn't we all?

This thread and the recent "outbreak" remind me to be sure to get pictures this Spring. I hope everyone will do that and then we can have a great array of photos because there are MANY senior stallions owned by this forums members. Oh, and senior mares, tooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's vow to celebrate their contibutions to our lives. :aktion033:
default_wub.png
:

Hey Bess, You know I would love to see pictures of Sir. I think he is wonderful, but of course I am bias, LOL since I own a son. So when you get those, please send me a few. Oh and my Sir son is a gelding, love him to death and his only job is to be cute, he does it very well.

Here is my most aged stallion, Hobby Knolls Black Eyed Legend. I wouldn't call him real trim. He has been eating well. These pictures were taken last summer and of course he is a real fur ball now in his winter woolies. He is 19 this year, but I don't think he acts it.

fktmp25_0099.jpg

fktmp27_0103.jpg

HOBBY KNOLLS BLACK EYED LEGEND

Pedigree report

02/17/2007

****1***2***3***4***5***6***7***8***9****************************************

| | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| | MAUDES HI CEE - I 00533

| | |[04/15/1964 : S : SBK : - : - : 31.000]

| | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| HEMLOCK BROOKS SILVER LEGEND - I 00999

| |[03/10/1977 : S : DGR : DN : DC : 27.000]

| | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| | MAUDES MELODY - I 00056B

| | |[04/27/1965 : M : DGR : - : DC : 33.500]

| | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

HOBBY KNOLLS BLACK EYED LEGEND - A 23723

|[05/30/1988 : S : PCS : BD : - : 29.000]

| | | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| | | DELS LITTLE MAN - I 00093

| | | |[00/00/1971 : S : RNB : - : DC : 27.750]

| | | | UNKNOWN - UNREG.

| | DELL TERAS APACHE - A 05308

| | |[07/17/1977 : S : PCS : DN : - : 31.000]

| | | DELS MARY - UNREG.

| HEMLOCK BROOKS AMBER LACE - A 10653

| |[05/02/1983 : M : PSR : - : - : 31.000]

| | | DELL TERAS PIRATE - UNREG.

| | DELL TERAS FLOWER GIRL - A 05397

| | |[06/21/1976 : M : SBK : - : - : 32.000]

| | | DELL TERAS PENNY - UNREG.

****1***2***3***4***5***6***7***8***9****************************************

Total AMHA Registered Horses: 8

Highest Generation Level (Registered Horses): 3

Ashbys Here Comes Trouble is a 30.5" son of National Champion Crescents Rex Allen. Trouble was born in 1987, and has given us our best foals over the years. We are expecting his very last foal now!

trouble.jpg

photos1.jpg

052105rightswish.jpg

Here's our senior stud.... He's 17... T Oaks JP... He can still hang with the young ones. Over the summer he was running the fence line with our 7 yr old stud. He is also the babysitter for our young stud colts.

DSC_2536.jpg

Not to sure what your asking for... Here's our old boy Midnight. 27 or 28 this year and still going strong! Photo taken in October..

Oct-1.jpg

Oct-3.jpg

Oct-2.jpg

Oct-4.jpg

These pictures were from late October... I'm such a proud Mom
default_wub.png
:

Oct-5.jpg

Oct-6.jpg

Oh.. No pedigree

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashbys Here Comes Trouble is a 30.5" son of National Champion Crescents Rex Allen. Trouble was born in 1987, and has given us our best foals over the years. We are expecting his very last foal now!

052105rightswish.jpg
I don't "do" pintos, but this guy could change my mind! I'm in love!
default_wub.png
:

I have always loved "Trouble" he has always been beautiful and my favorite Pinto, too.

OK- here's Rabbit.

28 this year and still siring foals with NO intention of stopping- they are still far too good as he is now crossing back on his Granddaughters and Great-Granddaughters, so we shall carry on.

We do not do "slim" as he has never had a diet in his life and will not start now, and is not what, by today's standards, would be called refined.

1402263_43.jpg

This is him last July- please remember Red is FIRST here!!

He also took First Reserve Champion.

charm2.jpg

And this is one of his Granddaughters and one of the reasons I love him so much!!!

This is our stallion Arc Pal who is a Grandson of Wittmaacks Mickey Mouse. He foaled on 5/5/90. We purchased him last summer so won't see his foals until 2008. Our weight issues have been the opposite with him. He was shipped from Colorado to Florida the last week of July and the trip about killed him. He is just now approaching his ideal weight. This photo was taken last Sept. just after a bath (before he rolled). He is very thin here. When the weather warms up I'll get an updated photo.

Palafterhisbath.jpg

The photo in my avatar is him prior to shipping.

I have always loved "Trouble" he has always been beautiful and my favorite Pinto, too.

OK- here's Rabbit.

28 this year and still siring foals with NO intention of stopping- they are still far too good as he is now crossing back on his Granddaughters and Great-Granddaughters, so we shall carry on.

We do not do "slim" as he has never had a diet in his life and will not start now, and is not what, by today's standards, would be called refined.

1402263_43.jpg

This is him last July- please remember Red is FIRST here!!

He also took First Reserve Champion.
Every time i see your handsome guy i smile. he is really what i like!!! I've been impressed with and liked some really refined horses but something about horses like Rabbit just really works for me.

Yes, me too, and I LOVE the "airy fairy" ones- so I have just bred them!!

From Rabbit.

It really is not that hard when you know where you are going.

Mind you if a colt came along that was his image I would not kick it out of the field!!

Oh, and Thankyou, everyone, from Rabbit!!!

I wouldn't consider our stallion "old", but he's the oldest we have (stallions that is..my riding horse is 20) at 11.

Here he is out of the field...he has asthma so he never got to drive, but he would have made a great driving horse..

Circle WS Buck The System Two

scan0003-2.jpg

Here he is in his show days

scan0002-2.jpg

Thanks, Parmela and Jane.

Rabbit certainly has a big engine back there....has he ever been driven?

Aren't the old boys grand?

I know he is deceased but I thought that he looked great for his age.

This is Andrews Ameigo at age 21 last August.

AndrewsAmeigo2.jpg

AndrewsAmeigo3.jpg

AndrewsAmiego4.jpg

Latest posts

Back