Can I post a "wanted:" ad here?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracerace

Reaction score
I don't want to get in trouble for it...but we're looking for a replacement for Hattie now that life has become more normal, money-wise. I won't post any details unless I'm allowed. Will someone let me know, please? Thanks,

Tracy

Tracy,

You may have been private messaged already, but your best bet would be to post a Wanted Ad on the Lil Beginnings Classifieds Page.

All the best,

MA

please dont forget cmhr!! we have a BEAUTIFUL pony up for adoption named Lexus. Shes young and healthy and very sweet. go to www.chancesminihorserescue.org

thanks

kay

Kay, I PM'd you (LOL and MiniV I PM'd you too...sorry ;)

Thanks everyone!

Hi Tracy:

Cindy Huber here. Our farrier called to see if I'd take in a 48-50" riding pony mare that's seven years old. She's a sorrel pinto whose name is Dixie. The owners let her feet go for inhumanely too long, thus the founder. They were going to put her down, due to their neglect, but Bill (farrier) took her with the thought of finding her a good home. She is free to a home that can take care of her founder for six months, until she's comfortable. By then, a vet can determine her ability to be ridden once more.

Of course he called me. Unfortunately, we just took in three pregnant mares who require attention. They're due to foal in April.....very cold here in NE Wisconsin.

My husband, rightfully, is having a "bird" and does not want to take in another horse with issues. Our feed bill is getting way too big for our budget and the only way we're able to "vet" these horses is I work for one at a reduced pay to offset such costs.

Kay of CMHR said you may be interested in helping this sweet horse find a second chance at life. The farrier said the family's children rode her for a few years, then lost interest....thus neglected. If the Dixie can get her feet squared away, I'm sure she'd make a wonderful kids riding pony. (Approximately 6 months)

Before I call and reneg on my offer to help, just thought you might want to ponder the idea. I'd take her "in" for a short time, BUT my husband is adamant against having another horse with issues.

Please give this some thought. Thanks a million!

Cindy Huber

920-829-5458

Cindy, thanks SO much for thinking of us. We actually bought a new pony over the weekend...I should have posted here immediatly. I'm so sorry! We are at our limit now as well, I wish we could help. I do have a wonderful friend in Toledo who runs Voice for Horses, a rescue...if she still needs a place, perhaps she can help. Let me know....

Kay, I'm sorry I hadn't updated you with a PM.

please dont forget cmhr!! we have a BEAUTIFUL pony up for adoption named Lexus.
Aww!! Lexus! She is such a looker! My mom and I looked into her when we started looking for a rescue...I fell in love with her pic!

Latest posts

Back