Caitie is five months old today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jenn

Month five newsletter

Today is the end of the fifth month we’ve spent together. How has the time flown so fast? It seems like just yesterday you were a teeny thing inside a bundle of blankets, so needy and helpless. Now it seems like you’re halfway grown.

caitlin07182006-017.jpg

It was a very good month for us. You still don’t sleep, but I don’t hold it against you. My favorite time of day now is first thing in the morning, when you wake me up so sweetly by playing next to me and chattering to yourself.

caitlin07282006-031.jpg

You love taking baths! We have a routine. I strip you down and lay you on a towel next to the tub while I fill your baby tub. When you hear the water go on, you kick and wiggle and make your excited faces. You’re so cute! In the tub, you love to kick and splash the water. You don’t even mind having your face washed anymore.

caitlin07282006-035.jpg

When I take you out of the tub, I wrap you up in a towel and call you ‘Mama’s little bundle’ and I carry you into your room where I dry you off and dress you. Sometimes you fuss while I’m dressing you, protesting the injustice of having to wear clothes. Naked is so much more fun.

caitlin07222006-002.jpg

You tried cereal this month, three times. You really liked it, but it made you cranky and fussy. You’re probably just not ready for solids, or maybe rice cereal disagrees with you.

caitlin07282006-009.jpg

You attended your first parade this month. It was the Vermilion Fair parade. You watched it for a little while, nursed and then slept through most of it. It wasn’t the greatest parade this year anyway. Then the fire trucks at the end woke you up and you were really not impressed. We also went to the fair for a few hours. You slept for most of it.

Kendra’s grandparents, Merv and Claudia, got to see you twice this month. You really liked them and they really adored you. You smiled and chatted with them and laughed and laughed when Claudia climbed up on their semi as they were preparing to leave. It was the funniest thing you’d ever seen!

caitlin07262006-001.jpg

You are doing lots of laughing this month. You laugh when I sing, when daddy plays with you, when the dogs fight and when you were watching The Italian Job on t.v. You laugh when I accidently tickle you when I’m undressing you. You laugh when I tickle or try to nibble on your toes. I love your laughs. I’d do anything just to get you to smile and laugh. It’s the greatest thing in the world.

You saw all of your cousins, except Grace, a lot this month. You think they’re pretty crazy, since they run around a lot and make a lot of noise. Just watching them tires you out and then you have to sleep on mama.

I love it when you fall asleep on me. I think that’s my very favorite thing, to hold you so close that I can feel you breathe and watch your angelic face as you dream. You don’t do it very often, since you usually refuse to nap, but I cherish it when you do.

caitlin07242006-001.jpg

You’re rolling over like crazy this month. Sometimes it seems like your buttons get stuck on ‘roll over’ and you just roll and roll and roll. I put you back and you roll over again. You’re always so proud of yourself when you do.

You’re not satisfied to lie down anymore and you’re always trying to sit up. You get so frustrated because you can’t do it by yourself. You love it when I give you my fingers so you can pull yourself up. You like to be pulled to a standing position, too.

caitlin07252006-033.jpg

You really like it when I hold you way up in the air and say “So big!†‘Superbaby’ is also a lot of fun.

You really started playing with toys this month. You feel and whack the toys on your toy bar, the ones on the ground around you. Of course, everything you grab goes into your mouth.

caitlin07252006-046.jpg

You like to grab mama’s hair and pull, which is mean but adorable. You also like to feel faces and put your hands in mama and daddy’s mouths. You think it’s very funny when we pretend to eat you. You’re quite delicious.

caitlin08012006-007.jpg

You like to watch the slideshow of yourself on my computer and also look at yourself in the mirror. I don’t blame you. If I was as gorgeous as you, I’d want to look at myself, too.

I think you’re teething. You’re sometimes fussy or cranky for no reason, and if I give you my finger you chomp on it hard.

caitlin07252006-041.jpg

Your daddy has been around a lot this month due to a rainy haying season. You love playing with him because he plays harder than mama and dares to do things like tossing you gently in the air. He makes you laugh a lot. I think you’ll really like winter time when daddy is inside every night.

caitlin08072006-002.jpg

Your hair is lighter this month, a medium brown, a shade or two lighter than mine. You’ve lost the olive tone in your skin and you’re fair, like me. Your eyes are a stunning blue, a shade or two darker than mine. You have long, dark eyelashes and you already know how to use them.

You’re so beautiful that I’m often helpless to do anything but watch you. Your daddy often stares at you and then says we’re going to be in such trouble when you hit those teen years. All the boys within a hundred miles will be chasing you. Just make sure you don’t let them catch you, okay?

caitlin08082006-010.jpg

I used to think that I wanted another baby right away, but now I just want to love you and enjoy you for a while longer. Maybe I have a jealous streak, but I don’t want to share my time with you with anyone else. I love it when you wave your arms to be picked up and how you chatter at me when you’re getting hungry.

caitlin08082006-019.jpg

I’m going to be very sad when you don’t need me anymore, and when you’re more excited to see daddy than you are to see mama. But I’ll still love you and need you and be excited to see you, always and forever.

Love,

Mama

Jenn,

You are writing these beautiful newletters to your daughter as I am letting go of mine. Two older teens that are in the process of moving on with their lives. Both still at home but both looking for the way to leave the nest. I can sit back and watch it happen and know it is coming. Like baby birds peeping out of the nest to see what is there and then duckign their heads back inside, they test the outside. They will go soon and your letters remind me of what I felt when they were Caities age. How I wanted them with me forever. I prayed once that God would just let me be there to say bless you for every little sneeze. I really did! I could not imagine parting with my children ever and thought that maybe I would be a bad mom when the time came for them to spread their wings and I would beg them not to leave me. I never thought i would see the day, but, I am ready to enjoy what they become and who they are. I have grown with them and now that we are here, I am ready to watch them fly.

Thank you so much for the reminder of those wonderful days while I look forward to new adventures with my "little" ones.
default_yes.gif
:

What a pretty baby. I think it is neat to write down things with her pictures, and keep

for her. She will know just how special she is to you. What a great ideal. You are really

blessed to have her.

Vicky

Awww, Jenn, she is just getting prettier every time you share her with us!! And EVERY time you make me teary. Thank you for so generously sharing your beautiful daughter with us. She's precious!

Jodi

:saludando: Great idea, just be sure to hard copy often in case the computer decides to eat it all.

Latest posts

Back