Brands of Black Shampoo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyluva97

Reaction score
hi,

just wondering if anyone has used any of these products and have had any luck with them. I need a good black shampoo that will help bring the blackness back into a clipped black coat.

If you have tried any others and have had success, please let me know
default_smile.png

The products are:

- Gallop Colour Shampoo (black) CAR20040.jpg

- Equinade Glo-Black shampoo glo-black.jpg

- Quic Black Shampoo quic_black_shampoo.jpg

I have used gallop--not the black but the kind for chestnuts--and I was not impressed. I can't say that it did anything for color enhancing and nothing much for shine--I won't buy it again, it for any color horse.

I do like the exhibitor labs products though I haven't used the black shampoo--that is the one I would choose, based on experience with their other products.

I don't put a lot of stock in the color enhancing products--I like Superpoo for all colors. It cleans well and brings out shine, and with it a richer color

If I had to go back to any shampoos it would be the Jeffers shampoo and they do have once for black coats.

Jeffers

Now with that being said I also agree that I don't think the color enhancing shampoos honestly work. A good shampoo and bath will bring the colors out. I personally use eZall and I have a 2 pintos with a lot of white and it really gets them white. Black is just going to be naturally harder to get with having to keep them out of the sun and I think feeding them color supplements would be your best bet then a shampoo but those supplements can test positive on a drug test.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only color enhancing shampoo we have ever used is Quic Silver, it works great on the white horses, tails and manes, socks and the like. It is basically a shampoo with bluing in it. (Don't leave it on too long or you will have a purple horse!) Other than that I have never thought much of color enhancing products, I just don't feel they really do anything.

Latest posts

Back