Brag time on my four-up!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSharpRanch

Reaction score
I took my four-up to our local AMHA sgow last weekend and had a BLAST!!! I was the firat ever four-up to show at that show (what I was told). I had a good drive and my team was really good.

I had to substitute one of my wheel horses for the show as the regular one injured herself in her stall at home and was still a bit off on tuesday the week of the show. So the dark appy showed for the first time in wheel position on the four-up. This was the lead horses first ever show of any kind! And they did reasonably well. It was my first time showing the four-up, however had two parades under my belt before the show.

I made the lead horses harness to match the wheel horses harness and made all four bridles so they would match.

With help it took about four hours to get them all braided and harnessed.

We placed first under two judges and second under the third judge.1395956151801.jpg1395956184617.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It waa built by Mr. Ross back in '83. I inherites it a couple years ago from a friend who paaaed away.

Ah!! Saw the post on the main forum before I saw this one. CONGRATS.

You've discussed the making of your harness with another forum. I wouldn't mind seeing how you did all the harness work shared here.

I'd like to know if you'd be willing to either post some close up pics of your wagon or email me privately (you and I have already emailed some,
default_smile.png
). I would also love to have some dimensions of it and the wheels etc. Also, I believe you mentioned that you & hubby were going to be doing a wagon building project? If you do, can you share here? I'd love to follow along - while I'm probably not able to build one (?), I have a couple of friends with both metal and wood working experience that may be able to do so... I think.

Hope you are now feeling better.

I am very happy with my team. I am going to start team three in the next few weeks and hope to do six next year!..Shhhhh don't tell Hubby!

well done, very impressive effort!

diamond c, you just never know what tomorrow will bring. I hope you get the chance.

Bsharp - don't you work predominantly by yourself? Can you share how you hitch your 4 up? If they are tied when you hitch them - how do you untie them before you "mount" the wagon?

Diamond C - I too hope to someday try a 4 up and even on up to 8 (at least that's what I thought I wanted). BUT since I work mostly by myself, I haven't a clue how I'd hitch a 4 up (or more) by myself... I have been given some ideas - but it still gives me the "heebie-jeebies" to think about moving from the hitch to the wagon seat by myself w/o a header or another 3-4 people to give me a hand! You really shouldn't do it by yourself - according to all the rules that I've seen in different organizations. I'm currently most content with pairs... and have fun, too. Not so sure if it would be fun with a 4 up of my particular ponies - may be more like work (and hard work at that).
default_whistling.gif

I do work a lot by myself, and would not encourage others to do it. I have AWESOME Guardian Angels that I work really hard! I make sure that my horses are well trained to "whoa" and I spend a lot of time standing after I get onto the box. I may make the team stand 5 minutes before moving out.

I like you use my voice a lot. An easy here, a step up there. Makes life easier for all involved.

Latest posts

Back