BOSS from TSC dirty!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffian

Reaction score
I got a bag of BOSS from TSC this week. When I dumped it into my tote, it was full of junk! Looked like nut shell particles, straw, and some unidentified mess. I took it back and had them open a 40# bag before I took it. Same mess. Estimated 20% of the bag was junk. So we opened a 20# bag, same mess. Only ones that didn't look contaminated were the 5$3 which they sold me at the 40 # price. Ticked me off I had to made 2 trips and still don't have enough to last very long.

I picked up a bag at WalMart the one day, thinking it was nice & cheap compared to the last bag I'd bought (at Pet Valu). Fortunately I looked closer at it before I put it in my cart, and fortunately it was in a clear plastic bag so I could look at it without opening it--it was very dirty. Lots of broken, empty sheels, twigs, and smarll particles of ??? It also listed a fat content much lower than the BOSS I'd gotten from Pet Valu (40%, I think the WalMart variety was something like 28%? Maybe due to all the "junk" in the bag!?) So, I've continued to buy the more expensive bag from Pet Valu because it is such nice clean seed.

One of the reasons I no longer feed it too anyone...never consistent...always seemed to have wierd stuff in it...great the first couple of years i fed it.

I haven't fed it in a couple years, but the cleanest I found around here was from ACE hardware, their brand. It still had a few sticks and ick in it, but not bad. since, its been a couple years, that could have changed.

I buy the Purina BOSS when I feed it, usually pretty clean but good grief, it's nearly doubled in price! 25 lb bag this week was $23.50, close to what I was paying for a 50# bag a year or so ago.

Jan

Latest posts

Back