Bond Bred Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, it looks as though his right hind hoof may be clubbed? Overall though, that is a very flattering photo of him...maybe the one Tagalong was referring to. Is far nicer that the one I have seen repeatedly of him, in the past.

To me, it looks as though his right hind hoof may be clubbed? Overall though, that is a very flattering photo of him...maybe the one Tagalong was referring to. Is far nicer that the one I have seen repeatedly of him, in the past.
I think quite a few of his leg/hoof deformities can be attributed to a history of poor trimming. Poor tyke.

That is the most flattering pic of Hustler I have ever seen - and yet he is still post-legged in back, over at his knees and has some clubby feet. Far from "correct" as the caption says. His head looks much better in that pic than it did in real life when you saw the actual horse. His leg issues had nothing to do with trimming - trimming feet will not fix posty legs or bad knees. At the time there was a 27 1/2 " buckskin stallion on the farm I worked at - who actually was correct and very well put together - and yet he was/is a nobody in the mini world.
default_wink.png

When I saw Husseler in person, he was in excellent shape - not run down or thin from running with mares, not scruffy. He was very well cared for and had personality PLUS.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have to resign yourself to "it's back there," not just Bond lines and Komokos lines, but it's back there. I'm excited about the test for dwarfism (in the works), to help us all selectively breed better. Not to cull all horses that have that genetic marker, but to be sure not to breed two horses with the genetic marker.

Many of the awesome, modern day show horses that have taken the amha show circuit by storm, that have won grands and supremes go back to Rhotens Little Dandy, who is double bred tiny Tim. You just have to acknowledge that the genes aren't going to just *proof* disappear any time soon. Especially since they have produced so beautifully in time! Truth. It may not be that we specifically seek these lines, but one falls in love with the beautiful horse. But no-one and no thing has perfect genes.

Well that sucks for me I guess cause Im a huge fan of Komokos Little King Supreme, owning a double bred son. Also 3 others with King Supreme heavely bred in!
default_smile.png

Also have several horses that are Komokos and 1 stallion that is nothing but Komokos and Johnstons.

Latest posts

Back