Big Trip

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyhorse23

Reaction score
...I'm leaving tomorrow morning for California. Breanna Sheahan (minihgal on here) has invited me down to navigate for her Preliminary VSE tandem at the Shady Oaks Arena Driving Trial! This is the first time the prestigious Shady Oaks venue has opened it's doors to miniature horses so it's important we make a good showing and I can't think of anyone better than Breanna to do so. Her wheeler is her experienced Intermediate mare Tanglewood's Sweet Fascination ("Fas") and the leader will be her wildly-colored Preliminary mare Peekabo. Breanna showed at the only FEI-level combined driving event on the West Coast, the Shady Oaks CDE, this last weekend with a Preliminary Morgan and won first in her division, first in marathon with the fastest time in all but one hazard and had one of only two double-clean cone rounds for the entire event.
default_new_shocked.gif
That's a major accomplishment!

The Shady Oaks venue is remaining open between the CDE and the ADT for a week-long Stay-and-Play with lessons, clinics, and access to all the wonderful driving facilities of this world class location and that is what I've been invited to share. Breanna is going to let me drive each of her girls single and then try my hand at the tandem, and then I get to navigate for her in the actual ADT. I'm so excited!! I'll be getting full-speed hazard lessons from one of the best on some fabulous horses (including the Morgan) and might even get to try a four-in-hand as well as spending a horse-filled week with my best friend.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Her tandem was already featured in a Multiples clinic with Hardy Zantke on Monday (which it killed me to miss as that by itself would have been worth a plane ticket) and did very well. Only 2.5 more hours and I can go home and pack!

And to top it all off, this was a last minute thing- I'd already bought my plane tickets to spend two weeks in Kentucky at the FEI-level Lexington Classic CDE and National Drive in early October!
default_cheers.gif
Yet more lessons, loaner horses, friends and fantastic facilities!

God, this is going to be a good winter.
default_thumbup.gif

Leia

P.S.- My current avatar is Breanna and Fas and me and Kody at Happ's back in 2007. Kody has a major crush on Fas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a blast! Hope you have a wonderful trip, take lots of pictures, and report back here afterwards!

Mary

Latest posts

Back